Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Heartbroken :-(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Our_5_Babies, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Our_5_Babies

Our_5_Babies PetForums Newbie

IMG_3409.JPG IMG_9142.JPG I made this account as myself and my husband have just lost our beloved Buddy who was only 4 years old. We had him from a kitten with his sister Mia. We also have Patch 3, and two four month old kittens Lily & Tao. (Not blood related to any of the older cats)

We live in a rural area and Buddy spent most of his time outside, its where he was happiest. He was like a little panther, a big boy with big paws but soft soppy as anything. He had a special close bond with his Daddy, and i, his Mummy loved him to bits too.

On Tuesday my O/H had a call from someone in the village Tuesday saying a cat had been run over and they had called from the details of his collar. My O/H went straight round to collect him, it was very traumatic for him as he saw all the blood in the road. He came back and woke me up absolutely in bits, it hurt so much to see him hurting so much.

We just can't believe he's gone. I'm so angry that the driver just left him there, surely you know when you hit something in broad daylight? I'm upset and angry that if he had been taken to a vet then they might have been able save him and this is eating me up inside that he didn't even have a chance. It's haunting me.

He was so young, we imagined he'd go one day but old, peaceful, having had a long life. The fact he was only 4 years old is unbelievably painful.

We adored him and he really was such a lovely soul. I don't know how we are going to carry on without him. I only lost my Nan 9 weeks ago so I am already grieving and this has come as a very nasty shock. I keep going over and over in my head 'Could he have been saved?' 'Why did this have to happen' 'HOW can life be so cruel?!?'

His biological sister Mia knows, I think. They always used to argue but he was still her brother. All of the cats know I think, as there have been lots of tears as you can imagine.

There is a huge Buddy shaped hole in our hearts now, and we are simply heartbroken. I found this forum in the hope of talking to others who have also lost a pet, particularly due to a RTA.

Thank you all so much in advance,
    Buddy's Mummy & Daddy
    X

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Boy. It is heart breaking when you loose any pet but when one dies so young it is even worse.
    We lost one of our Boys a few years ago to a neighbour who was rushing to work and ran over him. We live in a cul de sac as well. We also lost a 3 year old to saddle back thombois. This was nearly 7 years ago. Even though we have more kitties that have joined our family , each and everyone of them are special and so different. I still shed tears thinking about them.
    The only way these days to keep them safe is to cat proof your garden. we have done this but one of our rascals still manages to get out.
    R.I.P Buddy and run free at Rainbow Bridge xx

3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

RIP Buddy. It's difficult to come to terms with, but you will. Roads are the risk we take when we let our cats out as they seem to want xx

Lots of love xx

4. SpencerK

SpencerK PetForums Member

I'm so so sorry - I'm thinking of your beautiful boy, RIP little fella.

5. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Sorry for your loss, outdoor cats are always going to be at risk, we had 1 we couldnt keep in, got 2 now who wont go out.

6. dogsbestfriend

dogsbestfriend PetForums Newbie

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Buddy. How could someone do this and then just drive away... so cruel. I pray that your Buddy is happy, and in peace. So so so terribly sorry, be gentle on yourself. I am sure Buddy knows how unconditionally loved he is. Rest in paradise Buddy xxxxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice