Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

heart to hearts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, May 7, 2010.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

OH and i had big plans for a wedding etc when living in Cleethorpes, and then everything went wrong when landlord sold the house from under us, which is why we have found our feet in Lincoln, but housing is more expensive etc.

OH told me last night that he wants to get married still etc, and we have decided that the only way its possiable is a registry office, my friend has said she will do the flowers, and we might have a garden party with a BBQ but no reception.

i will be looking for things like fairy lights for the garden, any other decorations, and of cause a cheap dress!!

If anyone knows of anyone whos getting rid of a size 10 dress on a budget of £100, any info would be much appreciated :)

2. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

That's great that you're getting married, congratulations :D
    I don't have a dress for you, but it may be worth checking out Ebay for it. They have some lovely dresses there in size 10.

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i like some of the ones that are made in China on ebay, they have good feedback, but ive also heard a few stories!!

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i got mine from ebay, made in china. cost me £65 including p&p and was made to my measurements. when it arrived it was perfect :thumbup:

5. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

A BBQ is hard work for someone .... two large hot dishes - chilli/casserole, veggie option - jacket potatoes and salad might be easier - and then ask people to do puddings.

Did you specifically want a white dress.... I have a lovely burgundy dress and a silver dress - both very different. Would have to hunt to try and find pictures of them - they are more size 8-10 tho .....

Congratulations. C x

6. jen24

jen24 Banned

May sound odd, but, have you looked in any charity shops for a secondhand dress?

ive seen quite a few really nice ones in the past. i got my wedding dress from a sale in debenhams, so that could be an idea too :)

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Have a look on ebay they have loads, and you can also get wedding stuff like ballons, confettie, banners etc from there too.
    You can buy lovely iced fruit cakes from Tesco's and Marks and Spencers and get someone to do a nice flower decoration for the top and around the sides of the cake, I did this for my wedding.
    Do you know of anyone with a video camera or camera for photos, they can do some nice ones for you and you can get one blown up and put onto canvas backing to frame and put on your wall. xx

8. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

so it is an option :thumbup: thank you

i dont think a bbq will be too much work as i dont have a big family lol, and i know people would take it in turns to do bits on it anyway, but also may ask someone to do a buffet instead and lay that out, not too sure on food yet :) and i would love to see your dress, im open to all options!

ive seen some....from the ark and practicly grey and fusty lol but i will keep looking

i know someone who will do photos will save a lot of money wont it. and thanks for the ebay tips.

9. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Congrats hun

Take a look at Water Features - Indoor Water Features my friend works there let me know if you like anything, i'll see what I can do - they don't resell returns or anthing, they get to keep them :)

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Could you hire a dress? I know a few who have done that :) Otherwise I know someone who got a nice wedding dress which they are actually going to wear to prom from a charity type shop in Sleaford, don't know if that's too far away? Will ask her if she knows if they had much else in.

Re photos, there are lots of students who are semi pros and will do them around here, for prom we have a couple of people our age (doing A Levels) to do ours. They are very cheap and usually very good, often take them through the evening not just posed ones too, could be worth asking around maybe?

11. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Me by any chance? Send a taxi and I'll be there right away... :thumbup:

12. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

lol if your free your welcome to come as the other guy is free hahaha!!

Thanks for all your hints and tips. i have thought about hiring, but im not sure how much it is actually.

13. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

can i ask when your getting married? im getting married in october my dress is a size ten if your getting married after me if you pay for postage i will happily send you pictures and sent it to you if you like the look of it if needed it would be easy to be altered x

#13 RockRomantic, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  14. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Just a thought that may or may not take your fancy but a while ago someone told me what a lovely wedding they had when they paid for their family to go abroad and had actually arranged their wedding secretly.

I told my friend and years later she invited everyone to a BBQ and when they arrived, whisked them off to the registry office.

The reasoning behind this was that they didnt want anyone spending lots of money on outfits or presents, just to enjoy their day!

It always sticks in my mind as a wonderful way to get married (thats if you dont want all the pomp and ceremony of course)

15. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

we are looking at July/August 2011 :)

if i did a surprise wedding OH's family would kill me coz a lot of them are snobs lol

16. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

thats way after me then, my offers genuine :) i don't believe in paying loads for something you only wear once, it didn't cost me that much and would be nice for it to be put to use rather than just put in the attic afterwards

17. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

George at asda have a bridal range at the mo,
    I dunno if any of its to your taste but its worth a look
    xxx

18. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i would love to see it :thumbup:

i too dont see the point in paying lots of money on a dress....OH's dad wants to pay for a honeymoon for us, but i would rather he put money towards a party for everyone to enjoy but i dont think he will as he will want to give just us a present which i understand.

19. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ouuu i saw on their website that they was starting a wedding range, but ive not seen it out yet.

20. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

if you want to pm me your email address huni i can email you pictures x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice