Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heart murmur and food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Milly&Me, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Milly&Me

Milly&Me PetForums Newbie

Milly has got a heart murmur. We are waiting for copies of her medical record before doing any tests.

Are there any foods I should avoid giving Her?

I've just read on another forum that bananas can be dangerous if your dog has a heart murmur.

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Not that I am aware of ..

The only thing I have been told about my dog and her heart murmur. She was diagnosed with Grade 3/4 murmur in April so has MVD as she's a toy breed. Anyway what I was saying regarding food was my Cleo is lean any way and her weight hasn't fluctuated since the 4 years I have owned her. The vets basically said keep doing what you are doing food wise as she's in good shape. Any extra weight, caused by food is extra pressure on the heart.

She eats a varied diet I rotate food and one food contains bananas .

The only thing I can think of is potassium levels and certain meds but even then in humans I never heard of it being a problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice