Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heard the latest from Donald Trump

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

More that Hitler was not deemed electable - until all of a sudden he was. (Incidentally, he and the Nazis also came in second in the popular vote tally...)

Before the depression and the 1932 election, no-one thought the Nazis would ever be a serious contender in German politics - they didn't even have any detailed policies, just crowd pleasing sweeping statements. Other politicians, intellectuals, analysts etc. didn't believe any sensible German would be tempted to vote for something like that, especially considering the Nazis well documented and publicised racial views and incitements to violent disorder, and didn't really view them as a threat. But they didn't bank on the power of repetition and the formidable, darkly mesmerising charisma of Hitler himself delivering them on a whirlwind mass-rally tour of the country using the brand new transportation capabilities of the aeroplane.

FIrst real triumph of soundbites over substance in the modern political era, one might say. ;)

Magyarmum likes this.
  2. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Probably. I’d be voting republican despite Trump I expect though, not because of. “Make America great again”? When was it? :Hilarious From what I’m seeing, tbh I think many republicans groan every time Trump speaks and would prefer a different leader. Sign of our times.

3. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Trump isn't really a Republican though, and besides if you lean republican, vote for your local and state representatives to be republican, and you can still get your views across. Voting for Trump has now more than ever become a nod to white supremacy, racial divisiveness, and making us the laughing stock of the world.

4. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

I don’t think Biden will improve America’s reputation. Don’t you have any decent new blood in your politics?

Calvine likes this.
  5. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

If Trump stays for four more years USA might not recover... fall of the empire yet again...

Magyarmum likes this.
  6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

As I said in my post, it's not just the US's reputation I'm worried about. It's also that Trump is so blatantly signaling to the white supremacist faction of our country. That alone should terrify any half-way decent human being in our country (and abroad).

And yes, we do have new blood. Hopefully Biden will pick one for his running mate.

She's not quite ready yet, but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is already a phenom, takes no corporate money at all, and I for one can't wait to see her take off in politics.
    Andrew Yang is intriguing me a lot too.

MollySmith, Happy Paws2 and Magyarmum like this.
  7. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Well yes, he had quite a following in his heyday.

Happy Paws2 and Magyarmum like this.
  8. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

9. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Magyarmum likes this.
  10. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

This is the interview with Trump by Jonathan Swan. It's well worth watching even though it's 37 minutes long.

Probably shouldn't but I had a good giggle!

[/QUOTE]

11. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

I swear that that, that - well, I was going to say 'man', but I can't bring myself to - entity is going for some kind of record for how many times someone can contradict, deny the obvious, or outright lie in one four year period...

O2.0 and Magyarmum like this.
  12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Well that was , interesting?.

Does the orange one ever shut up, he just kept on going and going regardless of what the interviewer was trying to ask. He's just so full of himself it's got ridiculous now.

Oh, and will someone PLEASE teach who ever does his make up how to do blending, it's so off putting. Every time I see him sideways on, all I can think about is his pale bits. A bit like when Corbyn had his glasses on at a slant, no one can remember what he said, everyone just remembers the slanty glasses.

Lurcherlad and Magyarmum like this.
  13. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

#513 Magyarmum, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  14. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

15. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I look like that after a bad night! :D
    I used to take this along with two other drugs for RA. Didnt do much good.!

Happy Paws2 and Magyarmum like this.
  16. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Trump has Banned TikTok and Wechat.

kimthecat likes this.
  17. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

kimthecat likes this.
  18. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Awww, diddums is still sore about TikTok users tanking his Tulsa rally... ;)

19. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Or you could get paranoid.

20. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

To summarise.

-They have access to all your information, including friends lists, family, phone contacts, passwords, facial recognition. If they want to they could use the information to close down banking and government systems, or, even worse, send every private email or message you ever wrote, to everyone in your contact or friends lists and cause anarchy as people find out what they really think of each other. Even if you haven’t signed up, they can link your picture that might be on a friend or families page and work from there. If China wants to, through apps like tiktok they can destroy civilisation as we know it, via a Third World War conducted on the Information highway. :Nailbiting -

otoh a viral picture of Kim Kardashian brought down the Internet, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up just yet. :Linkme

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice