Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heard it all !!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RAINYBOW, Mar 29, 2011.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Just mooching the Gumtree Ads and depressing the life out of myself with the reasons people are giving for selling on dogs and pups but this has to be the best/worst one in a while :(

"10 weeks old dark choc male lab very friendly, clever we have had him two weeks i would keep him but my two youngest children are afraid of him and live on our dinni ng room table. we have started training him he understands no, sit and cries to go out for the loo however he still needs training for this we also are pen training him so he understands sleep time etc..... he will make a lovely family pet i will really miss him.
    Price includes pen,bed ,bowls,lead food toys outdoor loo and dog"

2 WEEKS !!!!!!

All i can say is lets hope the person that get this lovely pup (and he is gorgeous) thinks a bit more carefully beforehand :rolleyes:

I don't judge people who really have issues that require they rehome, been there so am the last person to judge but FFS sometimes i wonder :rolleyes: :mad:

Other top reasons included, ""we are having a baby so wont have time for a 7/8 month old pup and would you believe "i bought it for my son but he has lost interest" :rolleyes:

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Yes it beggars belief but we seem to live in a 'throw away' society now.

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I am confused by the 'outdoor loo' bit.:confused:
    Am i being thick :lol:

4. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

maybe one of those you bury in the ground but they havent had a chance yet :confused:

5. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I also forgot to mention the person with a JRT/Bichon cross pup who is looking to swap with someone for a non shedding pup :eek: SERIOUSLY i am not making this up :blink:

6. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I think they need reporting to social services if they've got 2 young children living on a dining room table!!!! :eek:

In all seriousness, it is a shame - too many 'excuses' - some people just don't spend enough time thinking it through before buying a pet :(

7. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

That is why our pup went in to rescue at 8 weeks old, the woman was heavily pregnant and decided to get rid after a day :rolleyes:

8. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

swap it for a teddy!! :blink:

9. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

In alot of cases i think people do think it through but have no idea what its really like and how hard those first few weeks are. It still bothers me how quick people are to throw in the towel and rehome :(

10. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Well those kids are gonna grow up well balanced aren't they? :rolleyes:

Sounds like the pup will be better off in another home anyway - praps the kids would too with ridiculous parents like that! I mean, you teach children don't you? not just give in to their fears! Some people! :mad:

11. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

To be honest people with children in general are becoming less and less tolerant of normal doggy behaviour round their kids IMO :(

Friend of mine has a gorgeous lab, very laid back and friendly and was walking her in the park where dogs are allowed off lead. She ended up being ranted at by some ridiculous mother who was walking her toddler in the park and the dog just happened to come round a corner OFF LEAD :eek: OMG heaven forbid !!!!

The woman refused to accept that the lab was allowed to be off lead :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind but the other half of the park is for the small peeps and dogs have to be onlead there so its not like they cant avoid off lead dogs :rolleyes:

Can't abide "precious" parenting :rolleyes: God help us if we ever have to go to war and send these kids in to potect our country one day :eek: Can you imagine !!! There again pretty soon anyone who wants to invade us should clearly just drop a load of Off Lead dogs on parachutes out the sky and the streets would be for the taking :p

Tigerneko likes this.
  12. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Harvey was in rescue for "weeing and chewing in the house".

:rolleyes:

13. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

We were in the off lead dog field at the Gogs on Sunday and I was talking to a woman with an English bull terrier. All of a sudden there's a scream from the other end of the field because her little EBT had gone up to this child in a pushchair. Why the hell would you take a child in a push chair into a field that is obviously meant for dogs only, unless he has no fear of them? That is a lovely place for letting your dogs off to play and I don't expect to have their space invaded by kids.

I think if this person selling the choccie has children afraid of him, she probably never even thought that puppies bite. I knew someone who had a beautiful goldie from 8 weeks to 10 weeks, then sold him on because he was "too vicious". I could have hit her when I found out.

This little dog is still young enough to go back to the breeder, so I imagine she either bought from a puppy farm or can't get her money back.

14. Horse and Hound

Think i might get less tolerant of normal kid behaviour round my dogs then.

I blame, entirely, the mass hysteria caused by the press and the Dangerous Dog act.

Absolutely pathetic.

:mad:

15. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Nah, I think it's more to do with the fact that we live in different times, many parents are a lot more hung up on germs and that than they were years ago :rolleyes: :laugh:

parents and some people in general just need to chill out a bit :D

16. Horse and Hound

Says the person who's "skin crawls" when a staffy approches them.

Would have been interested to see if the woman in newfiemum's post would have screamed had a labrador approached the child int the pram, or a big fluffy cuddly pom... :rolleyes:

17. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

We have asked the Rangers if we can put up a sign saying "please keep your children under control at all times so as not to frighten our dogs" :D

They didn't seem keen :eek: :confused:

18. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

This really pees me off - if she had a second child would she get rid of the first because you can't cope with anything more than one baby at a time? Did she not know she was heavily pregnant? What are these people teaching their children...:(

19. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

You are being silly and childish yet again, please don't spoil this thread with your behaviour.

20. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

:eek: How can someone get a dog and not know this is going to happen?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice