Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Healing vibes please...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lullabydream, Oct 10, 2019.

1. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Stan and Eevee are both in the vets now being treated for toxins. What the toxin is I have not got a clue.
    Haven't been to woodland for a good few weeks, as I have a fear of seasonal canine illness anyway, and there are always reports of it around here.
    We have no idea what has caused them to become like this, checked the garden nothing. Upstairs nothing. All medication is in a kitchen cupboard and I am very careful, like other members of the household whilst taking any.

I was cleaning, doing a deep clean of my living room. Eevee and Stan were sat with my son. Harley was intrigued by my cleaning caddy so was spending a lot of time redirecting her. Maisie was just stood around waiting in anticipation as usual for her nemesis to hoover to start up so she could retreat into the kitchen. Had literally just finished cleaning, putting soft furnishings in the washing machine when my son shouted me saying Eevee's shaking. Honestly, it was only a few weeks ago I took Harley as she was shaking and the vet pinpointed a sore area on her back. So I thought let's try some metacam. Went to sort food and metacam out, which Eevee did eat but by this time Stan started to be unsteady on his feet. All dogs ate.

Stan now shaking too. Both struggled to jump on the sofa, and both had a wide eyed look to them;especially Eevee.

Phone the vets and straight there. Clearly showing signs of toxicity but to what we don't know.

Eevee will scavenge given chance, but Stan isn't like that.

Currently Harley and Maisie are fine.

As a rule Eevee and Stan are walked together but I do mix it up best I can. Out on walks they have been mainly on lead recently and close proximity and not noticed any scavenging.

We have searched all over upstairs and down stairs for something, but cannot find anything.

Keep racking our brains.

Did use a new cleaning products haven't used before: Star drops pet cleaner and odour remover. Vets phoned them product is 90% water, adverse effects would be skin rashes and breathing difficulties.

We are at a complete loss and just hope our other two don't become ill.

2. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

You must be so worried. It's bad enough when you know why they're ill, but not to know must be dreadful!

Hope the vets discover the cause and they both get better soon.

lullabydream likes this.
  3. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums Senior

Oh gosh poor doggies, and poor you. It's even worse when you don't know the cause.
    Did they drink from any puddles?
    In our area there was a puddle narrowed down by dog walkers that caused shaking and vomiting. Still don't know what was in it though.
    Sending big healing and feel good vibes!

lullabydream likes this.
  4. lullabydream

No not at all.. OH has hosed our garden down, just in case.

Trying to think what the dogs could have got hold of, but nothing is a miss, can't find half eaten anything. So strange as they both became symptomatic together.

5. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Oh no how scary for you. I hope all is ok it's so frustrating when you don't know what it was. I hope your ok x

lullabydream likes this.
  6. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh my goodness, how scary ! No-one coud be a more careful mum than you.
    Hoping and praying for good news later. Big hugs and lots of vibes.xxx

lullabydream likes this.
  7. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Oh, really sorry to hear this ! :( You must be worried sick . Healing thoughts and vibes for Stan and Eevee.

lullabydream likes this.
  8. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

Hope they are ok. Woody and I are sending positive vibes.

lullabydream likes this.
  9. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Oh no, hope they recover quickly.

lullabydream likes this.
  10. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Oh no, sending healing vibes to Stan and Evee. Hope you get to the bottom of it x

lullabydream likes this.
  11. lullabydream

Thank you for your kind words everyone.

The vets have just phoned. Both are doing well. Stan has stopped shaking, Eevee not quite but alert and she's eaten. Of course she's eaten I don't think her stomach will ever be full enough.

Hopefully home tomorrow all going well.

PawsOnMe, Burrowzig, FAW56 and 9 others like this.
  12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Good news do they know what happened?

13. lullabydream

No

Just giving charcoal and flushing the kidneys so hooking up to a drip and hoping for the best. Cannot wait for the black poos!

Stan no doubt will do his am feeling poorly look... Although he was well loved when he stayed before and hence he went from Mr Aloof to I will say hello to anyone..

Eevee's only been in briefly for a grass seed removal and she's a complete attention seeker and food monster so fingers crossed she will be OK.

Harley is running round like a ball of mischief at the moment, so I say keep it up. Maisie is whining a bit as I think she probably thinks they are out on a walk with my son and she does this occasionally... He's out at work.

I should have thunder thighs by tomorrow as I keep checking in the same places upstairs. They only have access to my room and the bathroom there and there is absolutely nothing they could have had I can see!

The only other thought, and it's blaming is my next door neighbour's grand children throw all sorts over the fence, toys, food etc have spoken to them over and over again.. However Stans the one dog that wouldn't bother out of all 4. This is what is confusing.

kimthecat likes this.
  14. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

How very scary!

Glad they seem to be responding to treatment but worrying not to be able to identify the trigger.

Has your boiler been checked lately? Might be worth doing as fumes can effect animals differently to us.

15. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

What a nightmare you might never know good point from @Lurcherlad about the boiler.

16. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Oh blimey what a scare. Relieved to hear they're showing signs of improvement now at least. Hope they're back home tomorrow.
    Hope you're holding up too - strong tea or a stiff drink is prescribed, whatever your preference.

kimthecat and lullabydream like this.
  17. lullabydream

Our alarm hasn't gone off and it was serviced in either June or July. Then semi rechecked whatever they do when you have a new bathroom fitted with shower.

I honestly thought it was the star drops product as it just seemed such a coincidence me using that. I only bought it because it was cheap and thought what the hell it will be OK to spray Harleys bottom of the crate with. As I said Vets contacted Star drops, and they were going to google reviews see if similar had happened.

Last nights walk I used Eevee and Stan as stooge dogs with my friends new dog. Just to show her that her dog reacts with excitement more than anything, and we ironically were going to do the same tonight. Their dog is fine and she uses the same flea treatments as me! It was pavement plodding too.

So weird 4 dogs and 2 ill. I mean if anything I would expect Harley to be the one as she's young and mouthy and into everything

Lurcherlad likes this.
  18. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Just seen this. Poor you, and poor doggies. :(

Glad they seem to be responding to treatments. Fingers crossed they're home tomorrow.

What a scare.

19. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Just seen this - how frightening and what a worry. Pleased to see in your later post that they are both doing well at the vets. Fingers firmly crossed for a good outcome.

20. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Oh gosh what an awful scary time for you, do hope Stan and Eevee continue to do well and will back home with you.

Must be driving you up the wall trying to figure out what has made this happen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice