Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Healing slowly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Changes, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Hi everyone, especially the lovely ones who contribute to this forum and the one who is not all that nice (you know who you are, pm me for conformation)

:D

I am not saying I am totally ready right now, but I am looking, so if you know of any rescues needing a forever home, please pass them my way x I live in a beautiful area surrounded by forests, have a massive secure garden, my vet will happily give me a reference x

Thank you so much

Mel x

2. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

sounds ideal..wish i were that dog!!!

pity you are so far away...nearby Spanish town has 600 dogs...many beautiful local breeds bodegueros, podencos, galgos, perros del agua...San Miguel...
    someone will be lucky....

3. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Awww :( it is so sad how many dogs are in rescue right now x

I am not sure if I am ready, I was hoovering my bedroom this morning and found one of Drym's toys and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed a bit more xx

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

It is good to hear that you are moving forward slowly, I am sure you will know when the time is right and the dog that finds you is right for you.

5. bluegirl

bluegirl PetForums Senior

Don't think you'll ever completely feel ready and reminders will always bring tears, but once you commit and have your new friend all that pain you have atm moment will be turned into love and commitment for your new companion. Your heart will always carry the memories of the loved ones gone before and that helps you move on but never forget.

6. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Oh yes you will have many tears off and on for a while but once you get really looking for a new friend to share your life with you will then remember the happy times. Take time to grieve and take care.

7. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Wow!!

I am truly blessed to be able to come here and share my grief, I haven't even been able to post about it on Facebook, I just popped a photo of Drym on there with the caption "My Heart"

Thank you all so much x I am never going to stop loving Drym, it is comforting to know that x little steps :)

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

That was just a joke, sorry have a mental sense of humour xxx

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

there is never a good time...
    but when cheeky passed away and i was so miserable..so were the kids...
    and there was a dogless home...

and all those poor abandoned dogs ..and winter...
    so as to make something for my lil Cheeky to commemorate alll good he brought to our life we offered our home to one of his mates...

we went to dog pound here and took Scrip...
    we still miss Cheeky...he is in my sig...and forever

so very sorry for your loss...

10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

((((hugs)))) again, I still find little things to cry over 6 months after losing Gem & hubby still can't look at pictures of her without his eyes leaking. They really get to you in so many ways. Best of luck in finding your new companion xx

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Don't be ashamed or afraid to shed some tears over Drym. I randomly burst into tears for ages after we lost Xiva, I still can't look at recent pics of her without my eyes welling up - which is a bit annoying cause I had a lovely offer of a print of one of her pics, and I can't bear to choose which one still!

Only you can know when you are ready, and you can change your mind as many times as you want! Look at rescue dogs, you will know if you are ready to love another :)

I found fostering helped a lot, keeping myself busy during the day (we had Dave's brother for 2 weeks after she left us, and then Ozzie a friends sisters dog.

Changes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice