Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Having A laugh

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colsy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Colsy

Colsy Banned

As you may know i am a member of another forum which we part own.

There has been a bit of disagreement between a few folk.

So they are now boycotting the forum so sweet.:eek:

They have started their own thing on Facebook with only a few members,but will not let us on rejected.:D

But they keep coming on looking at our forum looking at things,not posting:p

Nothing to look at really we are ticking along nicely,lots of new members and lots of lovely people.

We are having a big holiday in September and they are coming.
    This could be very interesting.
    I just feel sorry for the lady thats hosting the event as she is putting alot of time into this.
    We are having this big do and raising money for Many Tears with a sponsored walk,raffle,BBQ and much more.
    Now they are coming but we do not want an atmosphere.
    Should we approach the subject on the forum or just ignore the whole lot.

What would you do in this situation help......please

Now play nicely.

#1 Colsy, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. ally

ally Banned

Well, IMO they keep going over to look is because they are using it as a template; copying your rules etc. to use on their "Website" forum. As there has been much friction on said forum caused by those members it is true to say that a)they are not missed b) there's a much better atmosphere and c) I for one wish them luck with their new forum. Looking forward to the holiday and donating all that money to Many Tears. My suggestion would be that as they don't want to be part of your forum, delete their accounts and bar them; after all they are rebelling against what you owners believe and how you run the forum.

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Cheeky buggers, ban em! and dont respond to anything to do with them, that is probably what they are wanting from you. You do what you are doing and have fun day fund raising, good on you..... they are only copying what you have got on your forum, so they cant be that good as they cant do it off thier own backs. Shame eh! xxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Colsy

Colsy Banned

The lady who is doing the event wants to know about numbers for the BBQ food.
    But they are not even replying.
    They will probably do it by pm which is not good enough.
    Now if we are doing this as a forum they should at least answer her.
    Do you think we should make a seen or just ignore them.
    Also we are having a meet with all of them on Sunday,with a BBQ now they have not said they are coming?
    But want to join in when it suits them.
    They do their own thing on Facebook.
    A few of have joined their group but then got knocked off.
    If they dont like the way the forum is run they throw their toys out of the pram.
    Any suggestions would be good.

5. clueless

clueless Banned

IMO You should put up a sticky re the up and coming BBQ as in numbers needed etc stating replies not accepted via PM lol Will worm them out maybe. IMO I WOULD SAY its better to get feelings out in the open before a Big Meet Up as this will only cause unfeeling on the day
    Trouble in Doodle land Colsy LOL

6. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Yeap bloody doodle owner's.:eek:ut:

7. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Agree...make a thread and ask everyone coming to add their name to it...give them a deadline and state that if their name is not on the list by x date then they are not able to come :D

x

8. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Finding this really hard at the moment as i feel i cannot even post on my own forum.
    Not sure if they were boycotting or not but it certainly felt that way to us.
    I know some of them are members on this forum,and i hope they read this.
    We are doing our best to get things back to rights!
    I do believe its best to move forward.
    Bet some of the moderators on here have good and bad days.
    Any tips from them would be fab.:)
    I have never been rude to anyone but feel like banging my head against a wall some days.
    They have their on group on another forum,but now have seen this which i have posted..this has not been rude and i have not named names and will not.
    Just wanted some advice from more experienced forum folk like some of you.
    I do not belong to their other group have asked to join refused about 5 or 6 times,but now they have invited my Husband on,now if thats not a bit out of sorts i dont know what is?
    We accept everyone on our forum as long as they stick to the rules and we think thats fair.
    Any advice would still be great.:)

9. ally

ally Banned

It is very frustrating at the moment on that forum, especially for Caroline. I personally went on last night and held out an olive branch (not that I needed to I don't think) to sort out a fresh start. Some surprises with the replies and many who haven't agreed, maybe they just haven't seen it, but maybe they don't want to get the forum back on track. Come on mods and admin from PF please help with some advice????

10. KarenHSmith

KarenHSmith PetForums VIP

I use to have this problem. Ban their I.P address :D

11. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Its not really about banning.
    We just want to sort things out and go forward.
    But not sure how.
    Threads just go around and around in circles.
    I feel if they dont like the forum and think its pants why post.
    I have moved away from several forums.
    This is the only forum i actually think is fairly moderated.
    I am sure the owner of this forum does not have to sit on here 24/7 and watch things.
    Its our forum but at the moment its doesnt feel like it.
    Help.

12. clueless

clueless Banned

Okay Colsy It must be difficult. Me personally I would start a Thread about the problem, state what you wish to happen especially as it is your Forum. If they are not happy then I am afraid why are they wishing to stay so Ban imo.

13. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Well i am walking away from our forum for awhile.
    A thread has been started stating moving forward,but its still going around in circles.
    Think its best to let them all get on with it.
    I would actually like to open up the forum for all Cross Breeds not just Poodle Crosses.
    Then it would be lovely.
    Wonder if it would work ?

14. clueless

clueless Banned

Ooops more members helping out the Doodle Population on here Starnge as they are known as Haters

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice