Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Haven't slept all night.........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by luvmydogs, May 26, 2010.

1. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Last night I was asked to look at an acquaintences dog sometime this week, as he didn't know what to do with it. Its about 15 weeks old, a desert dog that he found in the road when it was around 4 weeks old. Now it is getting big and chewing everything he doesn't know what to do with it. He contacted me online before I got here and I suggested a crate, which he said he thought was cruel. :confused: So he has this dog muzzled whilst he is at work!!!!! :eek: And not a basket muzzle, one of those nylon ones that means he can't pant or drink!!!! :mad: Anyway, of course I said I would go over, and we arranged for Thursday. But when he left, people came over to me and told me that he beats his dog up all the time (hours after it has chewed) and kicks it so hard that it screams for ages afterwards! He also hoses it down as a punishment. :confused:: I'm so upset for the poor thing. I'm going round today to see it. :(

2. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

I went to see him. He was OUTSIDE (I am in Saudi Arabia, the temperature are soaring here) with NO shade whatsoever. I have him in our villa now. He's a little love. In about 5 minutes I've taught him to sit, down, and retreive. I really hope his owner will take my advice, buy him a crate and do some training with him rather than beating him into submission. :crying:

3. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

:frown: what a poor dog, and what an absolutely sick man this person is...well done to you for going to help. I hope he sees sense.

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Aww poor little thing! Wouldn't you talk him into NOT having the dog if he feels that it is all too much to deal with maybe? ;)

Would you keep the little one?

Bless, i hope you manage to talk him round, well done to you for trying to help him. :thumbup:

5. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

He'd give me the dog in a heartbeat, but I can't take another dog. I won't even be here for the whole summer, I go home to UK on Monday. No-one else would have him, desert dogs don't have the best reputation round here. If he doesn't train him I fear the worst for him. :sad:

6. rona

rona Guest

Try contacting these people
    Contact Us

They may not be able to help directly, but may be able to give you or your friend advice

7. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling PetForums Member

This idiot should not be allowed to have a dog, I'd like to muzzle and beat him!
    God it breaks my heart to hear of dogs being abused, I just want to take them all home.

8. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Thanks for that Rona. Regarding advice I reckon I'm his best bet. He knows me. Regarding rehoming, that place is on the coast, in Dhahran. We're in Riyadh, the capital, in the middle of Saudi Arabia (and its a huge country).

9. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Me too. But I'm hoping that is is ignorance rather than cruelty on this guy's part.

10. rona

rona Guest

But they may know someone near you

11. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

I lived here for 6 years. There's nothing here - I would have heard about it if there was. But you're right, there may be individuals who would take him on. Will talk to his owner.

12. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

My OH just came home from work for lunch. He said one of his friends at work will take the dog! This guy has experience with GSD's so I'm sure he'll be perfect! :thumbup: Now, just to persuade this guy to give the dog to him......:001_unsure:

13. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Thank god. I hope this can end happily and the dog can go to your partners friend. The thought of that vile man keeping that dog is really just to much. What you have said about what this dog goes through made me feel sick. Good for you for being there :) I hope theres a a positive outcome to this. Hard to think peope can be like that.

14. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Update:
    The man who said he would have him has changed his mind! He said he would only take him if he thought his owner was going to pts. However, his owner has ordered a crate and has asked me what he should do. Now I'm trying not to bombard him with too much info!
    Chance is a lovely dog, and learning quickly. Here he is today: [​IMG]

15. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Shame that friend won't take him, if he is experienced etc. Even though a crate may help with the dogs chewing I am not convinced it will change this mans attitude to the dog, if he is willing to treat it in that appalling manner then he can't care about it to much. For all that it goes through he is a stunning looking/happy dog in that short video :) Poor thing.

16. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

What a gorgeous dog!!

Hope you can sort things out so the dog can have a better life!

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

What a lovely dog! I hope it works out for him, I remember feeding the desert dogs (plus countless feral cats!) in Saudi when I was a small child

18. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

I can only do my best - teach him stuff, show his owner he's not a lost cause. There are very few people who would take on a desert dog. Here he is doing a bit of training: [​IMG]
    :001_wub:

19. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

awww he's sweet .... x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice