UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm usually stuck in the cat section so please be kind :);)

I'm looking for a Havanese breeder in the UK, preferably in Scotland but I would be willing to travel if need be.

Can anyone give me some info on the breed? As far as I'm aware they are very good family dogs, intelligent and trainable. Health wise other than problems with their eyes I'm unaware of anything else.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, I don't know anything about them sorry but while waiting for somebody with experience on the breed to give you advice , I thought I would suggest having a look at the breed clubs website
Havanese Club of Great Britain
You should find most of what you need to know in there and here is a link to the kennel clubs breed info centre just type in havanese and you will get some info
Breed Information Centre from the Kennel Club

If you click on the breeders tab when the results come up for Havanese on the KC link, it will give you a list of breeders

Apologies if you have already done this x

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
My brother (in Canada) has 2 and they are great little dogs :)
They are fairly non-shedding with a groom about every 4-6 weeks, can walk for miles and miles if he needs them to, they hike the ski hills with them most weekends and they can walk a good 12km straight off (I know, I did it with them!), but are happy to curl up on their beds all day aswell. Fairly quiet, don't hear much barking out of them (apart from the occasional theres a deer in the garden bark!) Very inteligent (potentially unlike me with that spelling) and they seem very easy to train, although they will work out how to push their luck it seems.
They have their crazy run around moments (particulary when wet? Gremlins?) and his love to charge around the garden on top of 4ft of snow :p
They are both perfect with our nephew/neice and don't appear to be snappy at all(like alot of little dogs)

TBH, I love these little dogs, and that really is saying something because I don't normally "do" little dogs really!

*Heidi*

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
And some piccys :p

Bella as a little baby - having to wear the coat as its was VERY cold, lol

But she HATED the boots!

Bella and Otis

Otis

Oh, and tear stains seem to be an issue, my brother is now giving them bottled water in the hope that it keeps Otis from getting them(they read it somewhere). Its too late for Bella, she has brown tear stains already.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lovely pics they are very cute aren't they, pardon my ignorance and have probably got this wrong but was there a Havanese best in show in crufts a few yrs back I think his pet name was Willy and he was clare baldings dogs Grandfather? or was that a different breed?

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Lovely pics they are very cute aren't they, pardon my ignorance and have probably got this wrong but was there a Havanese best in show in crufts a few yrs back I think his pet name was Willy and he was clare baldings dogs Grandfather? or was that a different breed?
no ,,,,,,,,,,that was a Tibetan Terrier ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.