Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

have your pets beat any serious illnesses or bone breaks?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Eolabeo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

my staffy beat cancer twice bless her, 1st cancer was on her left back leg, one year later it came back on her right leg.
    shes still here to tell the tale :)

my english bull ethel broke her back leg when she was nearly 5 months old, she jumped the 4 foot dog gate and landed funny on the floorboards, it took nearly a year to heal with all the infections that kept setting in, i so wished ild taken photos to show you all u wouldnt of believed it, she got an infection which ate away at her flesh and it could of killed her if it had continued, it looked like someone had got a shotgun to her leg and blew it away because of all the infection, i could see her bone where the flesh was rottin so bad, i truly didnt think that could ever grow new flesh and heal by the state it was in but it did actually grow new flesh and is now good as new, apart from that area being bald and her skin more thinner then the rest.

i love my girls and both are very brave, its really unreal how dogs can take so much pain yet give you so much love at the same time.

2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

my first chihuahua had a ladder fall on her head, she allmost died and had be brought back several times by mouth to mouth, she suffered a broken leg and head injuries whitch left her blind in one eye, the vet gave her little hope, he gave her pain killers and we were told to take her home as it was a sunday and no one there to stay with her

I didnt expect her to last the night but she did and slowly day by day she improved, her leg healed and her eyesight came back, the only thing was that she was left with mild epalepsy. She was a real fighter she amazed everone even the vet.

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

what an amazing story, bless her little heart.
    it really is amazing how much fight our pets have in them through their illnesses or accidents.

4. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I know what you mean, they really are amazing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice