Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Baby Bordie, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Have any of you ever seen a ghost? :eek: I recon i would crap myself! :eek:

2. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

I think i'd poo myself! ive never seen one my mum has told stories of seeing them in the nursing home she worked in 2 other people have back them up as well seeing them themselves which really freakd me lol love to hear peoples stories, there is a wierd 'ghostly' feeling in different parts of my work building which freak me out when im on my own at night there lol u seen any?

3. Savahl

Savahl Guest

My OH says he has seen a ghost in our flat, it was wierd...we kept waking up at about 3am everyday for a week cos the dog was being a bugger and barking - we moved bedroom to down the hall and he was still doing it but he was barking AT our old bedroom, again thought nothing of it.

Then I was away on business and my OH phoned my up one morning chatting away about how he had woken up at 3am AGAIN (dog was in kennels while i was away) and he thought he heard someothing, or it felt like someone was in the flat... he got up and walked about couldnt find anything so went to bed. The next night was the same but he was half asleep still and could have sworn he saw a lady in our old bedroom doorway which you can see from the head of our bed.

About 2 weeks later the lodger moved into our old bedroom, we never mentioned anything to him but he woke up every night at 3am on the dot in a cold sweat, for a month!

Had no oddness since.

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Oh and my lodger hasnt seen one but they thought their house up north was haunted. He said they would hear noises alot, go investigate and stuff was hurled across the room... mainly fruit lol.

And one day his GF was in the kitchen, he was in the bedroom and she heard the tv on static so she went to the living room and turned it off...returned to the kitchen and it happened again, she shouted at him to stop messing with the tv and he popped his head out of the bedroom, nowhere near the tv and denied it, turned it off again and then happened a 3rd time when they were arguing about him playing games lol.

From what they said the often found oranges hurled around the flat miles from the fruitbowl right up til the moved out.

5. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

Wen i was a kid we moved into a house where the owner ad been practising black magic and he was a devil worshipper and all that cobblers,there was thick black candle wax everywhere and 1 of those 5 pointed stars with a circle round it drawn on the floor and we was told it was haunted! but in the 16 years i lived there i never saw anything but my sister would never stay there overnight she said she could sense something not right in the house.

6. kath123

kath123 Guest

On my son's birthday last July i had a friend round who was a medium and we were all sat watching james unwrap his presents and he said " that there is a man stood in my kitchen watching james unwrap his presents and he is smiling.

It was my dad!!!!!

After that a lot of strange things happened in the house but it has all gone quiet again now, although his birthday is on friday so am looking forward to see if anything happens this year. xxxxx

7. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Yip...:D

But dont want to talk or type about it...:cool:

8. yep! ............................strange thing is that I don't believe in em though!

9. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

My grandma has, she says that when she was in Jersey (visiting her daughter) she woke up and her mum was standing at the end of her bed looking down on her. My grandma just started crying.
    I haven't though, yet. I'd probably crap myself and run :eek:hmy:

10. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

I have but didn't know it at the time. We were walking down the aisle having just said our vows and there was an old man at the back of the church. I was a bit like "Who the hell??",

We got outside and my hubby said to me that the old man was his grandad who had been dead for 8 years!!! No one else saw him at all just us.

11. rottiesloveragdolls

its nothing to be scared off ;) if you dont want to communicate with them ask them to leave!
    But if you want to communicate then ask them questions, who they are what they want with you ect ;)

12. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

when i was wee, my mum said i had an imaginary friend with one arm called dazy. after some digging into our family history it turned out i had a grate Gran who lost her arm in a milling accident and was called Daisey.

my mum said i always wanted my jumpers and cardigans with one of the sleeves pined up like Daisey.

i have no memory of it.

13. rottiesloveragdolls

most children soon forget about the Spirit people they have in their lives, (imaginary friends)
    some go on to communicate from an early age and have grown up to be fantastic mediums, others forget :( but others something keeps popping back to them as they get older so they get curious and want to find out more, its only when you start opening up again that things (remebering) when you were little start to come back to you?

14. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Ive seen my dad and father in law in dream state but they appeared as if i was in the room with them and they spoke of events that were happening at the time. it wasnt scarey but very reassureing

Ive also been to several ghost hunting events and seen some strange things on my camera. I do think i'd run a mile if i actually saw a figure though:blushing:

15. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

were we used to live( before kids or animals!) we used to be regally visited by someone , he (i think) would turn tvs on in middle of the night, plus lights on etc, this went on for months we even had an electrian friend come in and check our wiring (he found everything ok) one morning i got up to find all my fridge magnets had dropped to the bottom of the fridge door , i just thought they had slipped down, i put them back how i wanted them and forgot about it , when i woke up the day after the magnets were in a complety stright line down the middle of my fridge :eek:i looked aroundt he kitchen everything had moved around ,my chopping board i had on display (it was rather nice) was turned the wrong way round,the dirty mugs in the sink were in a line on the drainer(not washed!) and my salt and pepper pots were in a different place altogether ,at his point i did freak abit...my oh was away the night before, and no one else had been in the house !!:eek:ut:
    this went on for about a month i think , untill 1 day i was really cross , and asked whoever it was(we think it might have been my dad in law) to stop and leave the electrics alone cos it was costing us a fotune in bills(dad in law was a bit tight!) and it all stopped ! just like that,

however when we moved to were we are now , it started up again
    excatly the same stuff, tvs lights,kids pictures turning the wrong way around.. and just as im typing this my house phones (i have 4 )are going mad making different ring tones all at once ( i think they might have had it tho to be fair, but spookie none the less!!)

any way that sit from me :eek:

julie xx

16. rottiesloveragdolls

Thats wonderful Wooliewoo as our loved ones do come to us in our dream state and a lovely example of the proof as you said they were talking about things that were happening at the time :) you should join SB link below ;)

wooliewoo likes this.
  17. rottiesloveragdolls

Julie do the same as you did before and ask him to communicate in other ways thats not distressing you all? and costing you money
    He obviously wants to get a message across to you for some reason and if he feels your ignoring him he will then move things around to get your attention! once he has communicated with you he may well leave as he would then be happy knowing you accepted him

18. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Sitting watching Most Haunted now, not sure whether I actually believe what's said on the show, because it could be a hoax, but it could be real. What are your views on Most Haunted?

19. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

QUOTE=rottiesloveragdolls;833737]
    Julie do the same as you did before and ask him to communicate in other ways thats not distressing you all? and costing you money
    He obviously wants to get a message across to you for some reason and if he feels your ignoring him he will then move things around to get your attention! once he has communicated with you he may well leave as he would then be happy knowing you accepted him
    [/QUOTE]

you are spot on ..last time all this happened ,me and other half were going through a tough time (we just found out we needed to have ivf)
    and now my hubby was made redundant in april 08 and we are fnding it a bit tough again ... im not scared of all these things that happen , justsort of put out , i have been to a few meetings with meduims etc , but trevor never came through,but i do think its him saying thingswill work out.. if that makes any sense!:)
    julie x

#19 purrlover, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  20. rottiesloveragdolls

some are good and i feel genuine (specialy the live ones with audiences) wheres others i feel is not so good and a few bits are added to make it look better than it is? and some over acting of course :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice