Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hate racist tw@ts!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Malmum, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

So my daughter's boyfriend calls a cab to take him home at the end of his shift. When he gets in he finds the cabbie not very talkative so he tries to make conversation, which the cabbie didn't seem to want. Halfway through this "conversation" the cabbie interjects with how foreigners shouldn't be allowed over here, stealing our jobs and should be sent home, to which her BF says nothing.

He is from an Indian family but he was born over here, has spent many years at university and is a doctor - done a bit better than the ignorant cabbie I think and all of his family work and pay taxes to this Country!

I am soooo annoyed at this display of pure ignorance and racism and wanted him to make a complaint against said cabbie but he won't through fear of reprisals as he and his flat mate don't want any trouble and cabbie knows his address!

Honestly he is such a caring, considerate nice guy that this just makes me despise some bl**dy white people all the more!!!

2. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

thats shocking :mad:

3. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I am 'liking' your post because I agree with you, not because I thought the situation was anything to like.

Babies are born ignorant - most of them gain knowledge as they grow, the small minority just go backwards.

4. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

It's so sad it really is. I come from London and there is much less racism there than there is here in Southend. :(

Just for the record it was a Radio Cars cabbie, so please don't line this firms pocket! :mad:

5. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Utterly disgraceful. Don't know what else I can say to be honest. :mad:

6. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Just a question out of personnal interest Did you think people who made these comments BEFORE your Daughter met her B/F were ''Hate racist tw@ts!!!?'' :eek: Or have your feelings changed since she started going out with him....

The Reason I ask is... We have a Friend who is Indian and he says the same about people coming here to get get work,Houses, Benefits or whatever.

It works the same with every Race....people are also racist to White Brits too it's in every sphere of life no matter who you are OR where you come from.

The Cab Driver was wrong to speak like this anyway. To who ever may have been in his cab :(

This is a really interesting Subject for me as I met people everyday from all walks of life/nationalitie's etc and you'd be amazed at some of the things that I hear....:) It's intriguing actually.

#6 snoopydo, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Wonder if he will be so racist if he ever has a heart attack and the Doctor and crash teams "foreign" Wonder if he will insist that he waits for an all white team and doc to resuss him as the "foreign" teams taking their jobs.

8. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Working in the care environment and the NHS for years I have met many many different nationalities and worked with some wonderful people and in such an environment they have to be caring TBH or they wouldn't do the job.

I have also come across some very abusive people, mostly young English TBH and as a member of nursing staff we just have to put up with it. There was absolutely no reason for such abusive comments and as a paying customer he shouldn't have had to put up with it.

Snoopydo - My ex OH was half was half Turkish and I have never been racist, not that that has any relevance here! :rolleyes:

9. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

I can't stand racism. I hate to say it but I was like most white people in the sense I didn't think racism was still around to any big extent until I started to mix with people of different races to me. Racism is alive and kicking, and whether people want to admit it or not the police do treat ethnics differently to white people.

10. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Totally agree with that statement about the police and I can't see that ever changing :(

What ignorant cabbie doesn't seem to comprehend is that BF is every bit as English as him, as are around 80% of health care progessionals in our hospitals these days. As sled dog said these racist fools wouldn't refuse treatment in an emergency. There are some wonderful young doctors, physiotherapists, radiologists and pharmacists around now and we'd be lost without them. "Foriegn looking" they may be but they have not taken anyone's job since very many non "foriegn looking" kids don't want a job at all let alone one that they will have to spend years at uni to achieve!

Mind you ignorant cabbie likely spent a few months studying street maps so I expect that puts him on an even par with the young doc! :rolleyes:

#10 Malmum, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  11. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

I remember once down in London on a shopping day out with my friend (who's parents are of Bangladeshi origin), she was told to 'go back home' by a bunch of lads hanging around outside the station. They also used a couple of other derogatory remarks to offend her. Her response to them was great...

"Yes, I'm on my way home thanks. To St Albans. Where I'm from." :yesnod:

I thought she was pretty brave standing up to them. Shut them up pretty quickly too :rolleyes:

12. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

With respect, Babies are born innocent and are then often corrupted as they grow into life.

There are many racists here in Finland and their conduct has absolutely no relation to the colour of your skin. Foreigners aren't very welcome.

I've had to put up with some very snide and vulgar remarks and there is no race relations board to address such behaviour.:(

13. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I have also been the victim of hatred and discrimination..I cant report it , Im not classed as a minority..

So I have to sit back and listen to the slurs about bloody foreigners taking jobs,houses, clogging the schools ect..

One customer at the shop I used to work at refused to be served by me after he heard me speaking English to my daughter in town one day..

I cant get fast tracked through education or join the police or prison service on their lowered standards/ fast track all in one qualification because Im the wrong sort of foreinger..

Some of the so called positive discrimination actually creates more problems than it solves.

Racism and discrimination works in all directions and we can all be victim to it. The trick is not to let one person or small group's behaviour influence your opinion of the whole group/race/nationality..

14. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

lol thats bad, especially from someone serving you Id be busting balls legally and getting that guy fired ;) I have views as well but would never say it to someone and without knowing who they are or where from is terrible.

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

lol now if I had of said that about blacks there would be a stink :p :D Good and bad in every colour, been white or black isnt the problem its hating either colour cos of a few .... my son is black and we have had the racism directed at us for me been white, we get it from both blacks and whites :rolleyes:

16. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Im disgusted by this
    Altho not suprised coz most of the taxi drivers are ignorant
    I will most deffo be avoiding radio cars

17. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

he was he was? :p

18. DT

DT Banned

Europe is on the verge of collaspe!
    England is on its knees! Past the stage of NO RETURN in the views of many!
    our old are being deprived the care they need in their twilight years
    Our sick and dying denied the medical treatment they need JUST to keep them alive!!
    You are bound to get extreme opinions and views in such times!

newfiesmum likes this.
  19. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'm sorry but racism is not a trait unique to white people. All faiths, colours and creeds are prone to it too and equally as many are not shy about voicing THEIR views on the subject. However, in the UK, ethnic minorities are not recognised as having this in them and so can get away with making racist comments that white people would actually be charged for.

Exactly!!!!! I rest my case!!

Jazzy likes this.
  20. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

I got it when I moved from down south to up here :( It has taken them 10 years to finally accept me. It was really bad when I first got here, my house was targeted and my kids :( The cops did sod all. I'm white and was being attacked by whites. Unbelievable. Apparently this county is known for it, I didn't know that at the time... I do now.

Once I went on holiday to Wales... never again. I experienced racism there too. This country is getting more and more warped. I see Waterworld in our future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice