Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Has your council tax gone up this year?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Apr 16, 2011.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I was just wondering if anyone's council tax has gone up this year as ours is the same as last year.Which makes a change.:D

2. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

It's gone up £9.

3. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

Council tax has stayed the same - thousands are losing their jobs to make the books balance :(

4. Mine is exactly the same as it were last year!!thank god! think the government put some sort of capping on it if I remembered rightly! That said our county is one of the highest rated! can't think why:confused:

5. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

noones should have gone up cause its been frozen!

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We don't even know how much we are going to be paying yet.

We applied for a rebate as I am the only one working my OH doesn't get anything no benefits or anything. They assesed it and told us we were entitled to the grand total of 29p a week. We then had a letter confirming this. Since then we have had 2 other letter one saying we are entitled to 52p a week and another this weeks saying 99p a week. So if I hang on and don't pay anything yet then maybe by the end of the year I wont have to pay anything but I very much doubt it.:D:D

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

:lol::lol: pmsl that made me laugh.:D

8. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

The government has frozen all council tax rises, but there may be just some small adjustments.

9. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

DSC_1456.JPG
    Mine has not changed from last year and this is of concern to me.

Over the past week or so I have seen the council workers out doing road repairs, cutting grass and hedgerows.
    I have also seen one of my neighbours who is or was a council worker but now unemployed with three young kids and a mortgage to pay.

I do not cheer at my council tax staying the same if it means people have to lose their income and possibly their home.

The root of this problem is firmly with the Banks who seem to me to be getting away with it and still giving the high or stupid bonuses.

10. Think my waster rates have gone up though:eek:

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Fact is though,people were being made unemployed before this year.And i don't like to see people loosing their jobs but i'm pleased my council tax hasn't gone up.

12. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

Our council tax is the same as last year due to it being frozen.;)

Our water has gone up £24 from last year:( but we are in the expensive area for water rates being in Devon :glare:

13. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Ours has stayed the same this yr. the run down was an interesting read for instance something like £17 is used for road repairs etc everything that was listed there was no more than £20 being taken out for various different things THEN at the bottom of the list there was £90 for 'other' expenses! I would love to know what they are taking such a large amount out of the money out of my taxes for :confused:

14. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lol Probably pub lunches.;):D

15. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

Perhaps they are lending it to the banks for them to give high bonuses !!!! :rolleyes::

16. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Ours is the same as last year. X

17. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Ours has gone up by £30!! :mad::mad:

We pay £1100 a year for council tax and water rates are £600 a year!! :mad::mad:

Honestly takes that absolute mick!! :mad::mad:

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Ours is £1115 council tax,not sure about water rates.:D

19. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We have an old canel opposite us that was filled in years ago it has been lawned over and has trees planted on it. The council work men are always there cutting the grass and the trees but we live literally across the road and have a big tree outside the house. It is a big tree taller than our house and has roots going under our garden. They have caused cracks in our wall and next door had to have their wall rebuilt and dead branches fall out every time we have strong winds.

We complained last year and they said it would be cut back this year. OH went to the council offices last week and they said it they told you 1 year it would be 2 now because of the cut backs.

I'm just waiting for a branch to fall and hit my caravan or Ben's motor bike then we'll see how long we have to wait to have iot cut back. They do all the other trees along the road just not the one outside our house. Yet they could do it when they do the others it would only take half an hour.

20. pacey63

pacey63 PetForums Member

mine went up 5%, nothing new its gone up the same amount the last 4 or 5 years..my 1.4% pay rise will help pay for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice