Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Has anyone worked out yet?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

That I like winding people up sometimes :devil::devil:

People keep making nice comments about me and I just thought I had better put the record straight ;);)

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Yes i had noticed :D:D

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I don't believe that for one minute...

and I'm a sweet kind and softly spoken woman. Never one to say what I think and really don't like to cause a fuss. :001_tt2:

4. rona

rona Guest

YEH RIGHT :laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. rona

rona Guest

But Kerry dear, you are such an easy target :D:D

6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Well thats great..:)..Why am i an easy target!? because i will agrue back about something i belive in!?

7. So you made those threads on purpose just to provoke a reaction?

Some people do like to stir the pot and sit back to watch the results. Intentionally and deliberatly exciting and provoking strong emotions in people about sensetive subjects to provoke a reaction is unfair.

No-wonder the forum has a bad atmosphere at times.

8. rona

rona Guest

Because you are passionate, don't take offense easily, don't hold a grudge and up for a laugh :D:D

9. rona

rona Guest

I am very careful how I do it, as far as I know, I have only upset two people in the whole time i have been here and with one I apologized and the other I explained.
    My threads are started to get a response, yes, but I am interested in the outcome, I like a good debate, and very few of my threads have turned nasty
    Which threads are you referring too?

10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Yep..your right..its all water of a ducks back to me! :D :D

11. i was referring in particular to the pet breeder thread. Some of the comments on there have been verging on getting personal.

I am the first to enjoy a good debate, and really enjoy it before it gets opinionated and nasty. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone should respect this.

Your last comment contadicted yourself though.

Either you post the threads as a wind up.... or you post the threads hypothetically as you enjoy a good debate.... so which is it rona?

12. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

To be honest it's refreshing to get interesting threads, one more 'I can't house train my puppy' and I'm likely to jump!!

Keep it up Rona cos there is nothing wrong with making people think and react. (And these are not 'nice' comments cos you know I don't play nice with others!):001_tt2:

13. rona

rona Guest

A bit of both

14. Well i will say i dont like anyone posting threads just to "wind people up". They fall into the same categories as the troll threads we get.

However, i do enjoy thought provoking threads which spark genuine debate.

So I suppose i could say i'm half with ya rona :D ;)

15. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I have never noticed to be honest. :)

I used to do it sometimes, on another forum. People soon got used to me and just accepted I was sarcastic person at times with a very strange sense of humour, so it was fine, I got a bit bored though.

Talking about cats is more interesting.

16. rona

rona Guest

None of my threads are intended to upset anyone, but I do put the odd view point which isn't accurate to my own beliefs to keep the debate going, and sometimes it means winding someone up.
    I am very care who is at the receiving end though, and it is never done with any malice

17. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sometimes i see a Rona thread and think "uh-oh hear we go".

You have this knack of coming up with very emotive debates, and occassionaly throw out a comment that shocks us all.

18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

There is a fair few people that were upset/angry at this post!!!

19. rona

rona Guest

I like to keep everyone on their toes. :D

20. rona

rona Guest

I have only heard of one and I have I hope sorted that, if people bother to read all the posts on a thread then they would not have been upset

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice