Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Has anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Ren, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Hiya, I use something very similar but that is to get some more iodine into my raw food. What are you thinking of using it for Ren?

I guess my only worry would be using this on top of commercial cat food that doesn't traditionally list the iodine content - though more manufacturers are cottoning on and are making that info available. Excess iodine has been implicated in hyperthyroidism but so has too little iodine. Just cannot win, can you :rolleyes:

3. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Just wondering if I should use it as a supplement for skin/coat condition. Do you think that salmon oil would be better? I just wondered because of the price :p I am a bit poor at the minute :D

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

To be honest, yes, salmon oil would be better because it is a darn sight harder to overdose on fatty acids (though still possible) compared with iodine. Or you could try evening primrose oil, which might or might not be cheaper. However, while it may cost you a little to buy some salmon oil or EPO in capsules, a tub will last you a while!

5. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Cool, thanks Hobbs :D I'll get some salmon oil, my boy is worth it anyway :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice