Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

has anyone used Petspec 'calm and focussed' supplement?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Pinky1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Pinky1

Pinky1 PetForums Newbie

Good evening,
    We've just had a session with dog behaviourist to help with our dogs separation anxiety issues , and she suggested that calm and focussed food supplement could help. I just wondered if anyone else here had used it , and if so what your experience of it was...is it worth a try?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback!:)

2. RobD-BCactive

RobD-BCactive PetForums VIP

I've not heard of it, there's been fair bit of talk about Zylene, is this supplement based on a milk protein? It sounds like a brand name.

Personally I like many of tripod's calming tips might be worth doing a comparative check - http://petcentralpawsitivepetcare.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/crazyk9s/ and though I never did them all, my dog got called the "calm" example at Agility class :)

3. Andromeda

Andromeda PetForums Senior

My favourite is:

Scullcap & Valerian tablets - Dorwest

You start with lower dose and igradually increase the dose. Recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets per 5kg dogs body weight and you want to give the lower amount of it. Max is 24kg and I keep him on 3 tabs morning and 2 tabs evening.
    Works excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice