Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Has anyone tried the purina one pouches?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by zippie161, Nov 10, 2012.

1. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Ive been looking into other high meat content foods to try with barns & mags, as im finding that although they like the animonda carny it does give them very smelly poo and ive been told its mainly offal and not actually that good quality. I bought a couple of tins of bozita which they just turned their noses up at! And i saw the new purina pouches online but it doesnt really say how much meat is in it so i dont know if its any good.. im feeding them hills dry food along with their wet too which i know is good, so didnt know if i should give this a try. Has anyone else had the purina?

2. dukey

dukey PetForums Senior

We have a couple of free samples of the Purina One wet in the cupboard, I will give it to D for lunch and let you know how it goes down. If you go on their site you can request a sample too. I dont think its got a high meat content but not entirely sure

3. dukey

dukey PetForums Senior

Duke decided it was time for a mid morning snack so have given him a pouch of the P.O Adult Ocean Fish with Green Beans in Jelly - its going down rather well, he had his head in the bowl before I managed to get any out!

4. hobo

hobo PetForums Junior

Hi we use the dry purina for indoor cats as it particularly said reduces odour and it really does! Im not sure if they do equivalent in wet food but was intending to look today so can swich my other cat over,will let you know if i see some.

5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

my cats love it but they do have iron tummies so no poorly tummies.
    i can post afew sachets for you if you want to try them.:)

6. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Aw thankyou catcoonz :) but its okay ive just been on the website to get some free samples! They sell it where i work too so if they like it i can just pick it up from there & not have to order online like i do at the moment with the carny. I dont think it has that much meat % but as theyre on hills biscuits too which do have high content, it may not be such a problem.

7. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

i've got a free sample too, although we haven't tried it yet. i suspect arthur won't like it as he's got an aversion to foods in jelly, but we will try it anyway!

8. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

I tried the free sample from the website and it went down very well! My two love that gravy consistency.

I just need to find out where to buy it now, that delivers! :D

9. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I tried some too, unfortunately Claude does what he normally does with any wet food that costs less than its equivalent in caviar - he ate it happily until I actually bought a few boxes and then never touched it again.

10. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Lol, snap, our two did and tbey ate it for a while and enjoyed it, so being camny, i wrote to them to say it got the seal of approval - fair play, they sent us some hmmm vouchers as a thank you, buggers have gone off it now :rolleyes:

11. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

well i've put it in arthur's bowl, he doesn't seem overly impressed!! he's had a sniff of it but is looking at me like i've put down rat poison!!

12. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Why the green beans? I see the others flavours have carrots too.
    *sigh*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice