Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Has anyone here owned a flat chested kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Ottery, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Ottery

Ottery Cat Lady

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Breeder forum, or here.

I've read quite a bit about flat chested kittens, both on this forum and elsewhere, but the info tends to be about tiny kittens and their survival. I wondered if anyone on here had kept a FCK into adulthood?

I have a 9 month old male Burmese who was a FCK. I knew the breeder and had a previous kitten from her, and she told me he was FCK before I went to view, but said she had no worries about him. We viewed when the litter was 7 weeks old, there were two lilacs and I couldn't tell the difference between them - I could see nothing 'wrong' with him. But when I got him home at 13 weeks I could see his front legs were slightly bandy from the shoulders (not sure how else to put it) plus he clearly has kyphosis (a dip behind the shoulder blades).

He's been vet checked and neutered, and he's big, healthy, eats loads, races around, so I don't have any particular worries - he's gorgeous. (Oh - he snores slightly - but then again so do some of my other cats!) I just wondered if anyone with a FCK had noticed any effects in adulthood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice