UK Pet Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Oh I wasn't aware anything had happened yesterday. Hope she is okay. :001_unsure:

She posted a day or two ago but hasn't been on as much as usual just lately. Thought it strange but thought she may be busy.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Shes ok everyone, shes having a break from pf, I will link her to this thread on fb though to let her know we are thinking of her :)

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Goodness - how sad is all this? :(

Seeing beautiful Maya wearing things for sale, I love that dog and so wish I could have her. :(

I couldn't go anywhere without my guys though, rather stay here than leave them behind or wait til I have the cash to take them with me. I know it's hard getting a job but in the care industry they are always crying out for carers for the elderly/physically handicapped - often to enable them to stay in their own homes. No qualifications needed and full training given, much the same as hospital nursing auxiliaries. Worth a try perhaps and though it doesn't pay much it's reasonable and very rewarding. ;)

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Goodness - how sad is all this? :(

Seeing beautiful Maya wearing things for sale, I love that dog and so wish I could have her. :(

I couldn't go anywhere without my guys though, rather stay here than leave them behind or wait til I have the cash to take them with me. I know it's hard getting a job but in the care industry they are always crying out for carers for the elderly/physically handicapped - often to enable them to stay in their own homes. No qualifications needed and full training given, much the same as hospital nursing auxiliaries. Worth a try perhaps and though it doesn't pay much it's reasonable and very rewarding. ;)
I think she would take maya (if funds allowed) but cannot due to her being unfit to fly hence why she is trying to get the funds together to take Brodie. It is a big decision to either stay here with the dogs or go over there to live with her other half, I was offered a job in the USA, take hubby and some of the dogs but my girls didnt want to go - I chose not to go because I couldn't leave them.. It must be pretty hard for her right now, I know when hubby was away on duty I would have loved to be with him but different reasons as to why I couldn't go. Good luck to her and I hope she works something out. I am going to ask a friend who travels back and for a lot how she takes her dogs when she flys

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
I do feel for her right now and her situation must be impossible to sort out without the cash. It's easy for me to say because I don't have a partner so I wouldn't go anywhere without the dogs but if I had a partner it may be different.

I'd question the vets decision about Maya being unfit to fly though because humans can fly with heart murmurs and pace makers so why not a young dog like Maya? Just doesn't make sense!

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I do feel for her right now and her situation must be impossible to sort out without the cash. It's easy for me to say because I don't have a partner so I wouldn't go anywhere without the dogs but if I had a partner it may be different.

I'd question the vets decision about Maya being unfit to fly though because humans can fly with heart murmurs and pace makers so why not a young dog like Maya? Just doesn't make sense!
They have to be very fit to survive the flight, it is such a risk to fly the dogs, long time in a carrier, the conditions and heat in the hold. If I had gone to USA I am not that sure I would have flown my dogs out there after hearing some of the dogs that have not handled the long flight very well. Such a risk with a dog with a problem. Sad for us but not for the dog.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Springerhusky has made a very difficult decision. We've now got to support her to follow it through, not try to find a different route for her. As I undersatand it Maya's not being abandoned, but is going to be well looked after by people she knows.

Hate to say this folks, but people have partners for a very long time. A dog is for his or her life, not yours. However sad and harsh that may sound.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I really feel for her, imagine how hard it must be leaving all your family and friends. I'm guessing she must have felt very torn. I fully support her decision, she has made provisions for Maya and is doing her best to get money together to take Brody.

No doubt that this is a very emotional time for her.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I really don't think Springerhusky has received any criticism for her decision to leave Maya behind.

The criticism she got on the thread yesterday was nothing to do with that decision it was directed at the content of the original post (now deleted of course, so late-comers to the thread - which started and ended very quickly - will not have the full gist of what was said) and a couple of following posts. The criticism was fair and fairly put and had nothing to do with the decision about Maya.

From a personal point of view I cross-posted with her when I posted my comment and didn't know she had reacted so extremely to previous posts, else I would have held mine back - though I stand by what I said in it and think it was fair.

I sincerely hope that she is ok and that she can get herself sorted for her move. I would not want to be in a position where I was separated from my OH and having to make the decision to leave a dog behind and I sympathise and empathise with finding oneself limited financially - as I'm sure we all do...

I'll say no more, I hope she is ok.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I posted on her thread yesterday, I dont think I was harsh or I hope I wasn't but anyone who posted what she did would have got the same reaction.

I hope shes ok, and can sort something out to take Brody. :)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Daisy is fine if a little emotional. She is facing alot of upheaval and doing what she can to take Brody with her. She was not attempting to guilt trip anyone but expressing her fears for which she was berated.

When you cant ask the pet community for a paw it is a sad day.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I really hope she is OK to - She has had to amke a difficult decision to leave Maya behind even if she is being left with her mother in a loving and caring home.
And it's lovely that she has Brody who will be a little piece of home when she gets to the USA :)

However I will admit I was suprised by her post trying to raise funds by asking for donations for her auction etc - I would of assumed that as she has been planning to go to the US for some considerable time and had planned to take Maya up until recently so was suprised that she hadn't budgeted for taking a dog and started saving as soon as she met her OH :confused:
The thread was closed before I had chance to wish her luck - but also ask her why she seems to of left saving/raising funds so late.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I really hope she is OK to - She has had to amke a difficult decision to leave Maya behind even if she is being left with her mother in a loving and caring home.
And it's lovely that she has Brody who will be a little piece of home when she gets to the USA :)

However I will admit I was suprised by her post trying to raise funds by asking for donations for her auction etc - I would of assumed that as she has been planning to go to the US for some considerable time and had planned to take Maya up until recently so was suprised that she hadn't budgeted for taking a dog and started saving as soon as she met her OH :confused:
The thread was closed before I had chance to wish her luck - but also ask her why she seems to of left saving/raising funds so late.
From what I understand, but I may be wrong, the rules about transporting and importing dogs have changed so you have to use a 'pet handler' now which costs a lot more than it would have done previously.

G

·
From what I understand, but I may be wrong, the rules about transporting and importing dogs have changed so you have to use a 'pet handler' now which costs a lot more than it would have done previously.
i didn't want to comment on this thread because i do find it awfully sad and i really do have sympathy. BUT as a member has such close ties to USA (O/H) this would have been known at the soonest chance possible , surely:confused:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
i didn't want to comment on this thread because i do find it awfully sad and i really do have sympathy. BUT as a member has such close ties to USA (O/H) this would have been known at the soonest chance possible , surely:confused:
Maybe, but things crop up in life and we need to ask for help to get the funds for them. It happens and we're not always in a position to sort it out ourselves for whatever reason, that's what friends and family are for. It's not like she's asking for free money, she is auctioning things off etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.