Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

has anyone had Braces? if so, can you get colour bands for white brace brackets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mad4Muttz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mad4Muttz

Mad4Muttz Banned

Just made a phone call to the Orthodontists because I wanted an opinion as to whether I need braces.

has anyone had the clear looking braces. does this bring more attention to the mouth over the traditional mental ones- because they are clear?

thanks

Anya:p

2. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

I had braces...but there werent any other options than regualr metals when i had them :p scary to think that was 15yrs ago now o_O

I was very self-conscious about them when i did, nearly all my teenage photos have my mouth clamped shut! Id probably have gone for clear, they may be visable but i cant imagine they are any more visable than metal!

3. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

My daughter had metal braces, but used to colour co-ordinate the bands. When she went to France with the school she had red, white and blue bands. I think they try to make them fun now, they are worth it, her teeth are beautiful now.

4. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

I had the metal ones about 10 years ago and used to get the coloured ones. Never really bothered me having them visible and I enjoyed picking different colours.

5. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

The clear braces are very very expensive i got quoted £2000 for a set a few years ago but it was through a cosmetic dentist rather than orthodontist

6. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

I had metal braces as a teenager and loved choosing the colours for the bands....and can now see the pain was worth it - love my straight teeth.

I have a friend who has 'clear' braces - the bracket bit is clear but the wire is still.....wire!
    TBH, hers have kinda gone a yellowy colour (not through lack of care!) now after about 8 months......

7. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

mine was to grumpy to offer colours, he was really horrible to me, he also took them off to early so they arent perfect :(

8. Mad4Muttz

Mad4Muttz Banned

thanks for all the replies

is it true that if its through the NHS there will be a waiting list?

Im 19 now so think I have just about missed the age Limit to qualify:thumbdown:

what is the worst colour to have?

9. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

My daughter had braces a couple of years ago....she had all coloured bands and enjoyed picking the different colours each time.

The worst colour she had was the white ones....they would go a funny colour if she ate certain foods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice