Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harvey being a little odd!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sue&harvey, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Sunday night the OH left our lamb steaks, where Bracken could reach, and then left the boys in the kitchen alone. Needless to say we had jacket pots no meat for tea. :rolleyes: They did not get told off, i just chuckled a little as they looked so happy, and it shoudn't have been left where they could reach!

After we had eaten Harvey went really odd, wouldnt come near us and hid in Bracken's crate. When the OH went to bed he came for cuddles with me. I just put it down to a tummy ache and watch him like a hawk.

I was out earl yesterday morning, and the OH said he was still moping about, and hiding under the table. When I got home and the OH was out, he seemed fine! (I'd planned to take him up the vet) He was fine all afternoon, playing and being his normal looney. When the OH came home he greeted as normal, but then reverted back to hiding when she was in the lounge with us.

It's really odd. I know she wouldn't hurt them so can't think why he is doing this. Again as soon as OH went to bed he came for cuddles :confused:
    Im on my own again today and he is fine again.
    Any thoughts?

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi Sue,

Shame, bless him. He's a sensitive lil soul.

Has Hils come in smelling of anything different or wearing something he hasnt seen before? May be carrying something?

OR

May be Bracken ate your lamb steak and couldnt give a monkeys but Harvey ate Hils and is feeling v guilty:D

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

It's funny you should say that.

When Tiger has done something 'wrong', he often goes into hiding or avoids us. We never tell him off or anything so there's no reason for it but he just seems to know he's done something wrong. He often does it when he's been sick bless him, he always thinks he's gonna get told off :( :(

My old dog was the same - he had a habit of pulling all the rubbish out of the bins while we were out... we'd know he'd done it as soon as we walked in the door cos he'd be all tail between the legs and skulking around!

I don't believe it when people say dogs don't know when they've done wrong, both of mine seem to know well enough!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice