Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jul 16, 2009.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

we finally went to see the new Harry Potter movie today after waiting ages to see it, & I wasn't disappointed The Movie was excellent however the problems we encountered during the day made it a right pain in the backside!!!!
    Firstly £6 busfare to get there, the idea was go to Dunmail Park (shopping centre where the cinema is) spend 2 hours looking round before going to see the movie, what a total waste of time! most of the shops were no longer there meaning we'd seen everything in less than 30 mins so had an hour & a half to kill, there was hardly any seating, so we went to the wimpy for a meal.

Having been on a diet for quite a whle I decided to have a treat & have a wimpy what a mistake, they should have been done under the trades description act, what you saw a picture of on the wall menu in no way resembled your order when it finally arrived, there was hardly anyone there but they still couldn't get a simple order right, the burger was like rubber the chips had been kept warm so long they were like cardboard, the coke was flat & despite displaying 7 different ice cream flavours only 1 flavour as available.

Having queued for the movie I finally got the to front of the queue to find out there'd been a booking mistake, they'd booked it the day earlier even tho our notification said thursday meaning I had to pay again!

Enjoyed the film, & would love to see it again, when my stomach wasn't doing summer salts due to the rubber & cardboard wimpy!

It then cost us £15 for a taxi home seeing as there are no buses for us after 6pm,all in all a trip to the cinema cost me £39 plus £13.20 for the meal, needles to say we wont be going again until the next new Harry Potter films out & next time we'll not pre book online or go 3 hours early.

We are in quite an isolated area & if you dont drive,it's hard to access any of the local amentites as theyre all aimed at those who can drive or live close by.

Think it would have been cheaper to catch a train to carlisle watch it there then catch a train back, & include a meal!

Maybe thats what we'll do next time!

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I went yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Jumped a few times lol.

I sat between a guy that laughed hysterically at every little joke, and a kid who gave his mother a running commentary throughout the movie. What was worse was that he was getting all his facts wrong.

I treated myself to a veggie burger at McD's, it wasnt nice.

3. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Hi nonnie, luckily we had the whole row of seats to ourselves so didnt have the running commentory, all tho everything else went wrong I still really enjoyed the film, & look forward to it coming out on dvd.

Must admit to having a lump in my throat when dumbledore was killed:blushing:

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My eyes went a bit prickly and hot, especially when they all raised their wands :eek:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Was meant to see it yesterday but finances prevented me from doing so. Will be seeing it after the 28th now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice