Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harry Houdini lives in my house!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CDC, Apr 4, 2011.

1. CDC

CDC PetForums Member

So some of you may remember my thread the other week about Arthur disappearing when I tried to take him to the vets.

Well this week Megan has managed to injure herself so had to be shut in this weekend...

Is it a problem to Arthur that the cat flap has been locked?

Not at all - the little devil can well and truly open the cat flap by hooking his paw round it and ducking underneath. :rolleyes:

Poor Megan watched him disappear outside then promptly bashed into the closed cat flap herself as she tried to follow - bless she couldn't work out what was wrong.

He has done this numerous times throughout the weekend and is very quick - I went out to my car to fetch something and he was behind me in seconds!

That was until....3am this morning when he 'magically forgot' how it worked and repeatedly banged it until I had no choice but to go down and open it for all three of them to get some peace...little devil.

#1 CDC, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

You MUST get us a video of that!!! :D

3. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

This made me chuckle.. Cruel, but funny :)

4. CDC

CDC PetForums Member

I will try and get a video because it is quite amazing!

We've had to take both clips off as he's been accidentally locking them all in or out with his scrabbling. Thing is now we have to put both sides of the lock on to keep the restricted cat in which means letting the unrestricted cat/s in AND out rather than just out. Hopefully no more vets visits for a long time!

5. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

I'd love to see that too it would be very funny but not funny, how convenient that he forgot at 3am! Typical, they definately know how to play us. :001_smile:

6. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

shouldnt laugh but it is funny, clever little beggar lol

7. MaineCoonMommy

MaineCoonMommy PetForums Member

lol that is so funny! I can't believe he forgot at 3 am. What timing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice