Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harness recommendations?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nicky10, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

And how to measure a dog for one? Buster can't wear a collar for a while and the only place that has them near here the small is too small and the medium is too big :rolleyes:.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Best thing to do is find one that you like and see what instructions are given for measurements as they all differ. They are usually adjustable, so there will be some flexibility anyway.

Alternatively, go into a pet shop and try some on for size and then order online if you can find them cheaper.

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Thanks the problem is there aren't many good pet shops around here to take him in to be measured. I'll have a look online

4. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

We like the Julius K9, be bought one initially because it was easy and quick to get on a crazy puppy LOL but turns out its a nice harness and well adjustable as he grows ........Steve

5. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

always check the manufactures websites on how to measure as they all measure different areas :)

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Yes I've seen that, I do like the look of the Julius ones.

7. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I use the perfect fit harness. Home page

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Oh those look good too. I've been considering switching to a harness anyway so it will be something that lasts for a while hopefully.

9. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I would second a Perfect fit, they are fairly adjustable and the customer service is brilliant, they are so helpful and have sent me out different sized pieces when I ordered the wrong ones free of charge and before I have returned the wrong pieces and they always arrive really quickly. They also wash well, dry really quickly and my two find them really comfy.

10. bella2013

bella2013 PetForums VIP

I love the perfect fit harness :)

11. cheekymonkey68

cheekymonkey68 PetForums VIP

I wouldnt go for julius k9 for a terrier, as I bought Toby one ages ago and it just didnt fit properly he is too long in the wrong places!! I have a Mekuti harness at the moment which is great and is an H shape, ideal for little houdinis :) :) He cant back out of this one!!

12. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

This is what I did...I always take them and they staff are really good and help me try them out...I just got mine the ezydog padded chest plate one...think that's the brand anyway....really good quality and the dogs are really comfy in them....pink of corse lol...I got mine from the pet shop though as they where the same price online

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone :) he's not quite built like a cairn he's longer legged and leaner. The vet said he's 11kg :eek: and there's no fat on him. So I'll see what the measurements say and then have a look at the websites, just need to find a tape measure.

14. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I have the Haqihana harness for Lucky and I love it. It is adjustable in 3 points so it's easy to get a good fit :) they also have a 5 year guarantee.

15. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

I like the perfect fit harnesses. Nice design, comfortable and they really do fit well :)

Maisie has a mekuti and it's actually very good. Not as padded as the perfect fit, but really very good for pullers too.

16. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

We love Julius K9 here :) Fits her perfectly.

17. BlueJay

BlueJay Made of bones

Rory wears Red Dingo, Snugglepets, Indi-Dog houdini ultra and Indi-Dog neo :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

19. SingingWhippet

SingingWhippet PetForums VIP

I really rate Indi-Dog harnesses. Mine have all got Houdini Ultras and they're brilliant.

20. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I can only rate what I have - I love my Indi dog neo harness and also love my harness made by Rocky&Bud - both fit my dog great and I also have an additional front ring attachment as shes a bit of a puller - though not much really nowadays.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice