Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harness help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by puppymadness, Sep 2, 2020.

1. puppymadness

puppymadness PetForums Senior

Hi guys I know this has been asked before but I'm after some advice regarding a harness for Luna.
    She does pull but I always prefer a harness than a collar so it's soul purpose isn't because of pulling. The big thing is Luna's head is small! Especially compared to her neck size, so her collar can easily come over her head.
    She currently has a k9 Julius Idc harness, which I like but she can back out of it.
    Can anyone recommend a good harness that she won't be able to slip especially with her small head?
    :)

2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

801FF827-E5A9-4301-9835-925F5356FE99.jpeg I have perfect fit for the boys. They are pricey but fit perfectly (as said on tin) Loki has not been able to slip it and he is a Houdini. Sox has had his four years now and it’s good as new.

tabelmabel, Ellie&cats and katla like this.
  3. puppymadness

Thank you :) I have read good things about these, are they the ones where you buy individual pieces?

Hope Sox is doing well xx

Boxer123 likes this.
  4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Yes you buy the individual pieces you can get all the sizing on line. Not cheap but worth it. Sox is doing really well. He is back to being a happy boy with me. Stitches out on Monday. I’ve referred him for hydrotherapy for his leg.

5. Labradoodledoo

Labradoodledoo PetForums Junior

I have just bought a true love harness for my girl which I like. Elsie is not keen on harnesses at all but is tolerating this one well.

puppymadness likes this.
  6. MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat ❤️ BSH, Silver Rules.....and Labs ❤️

Woody has a perfect fit and being in 3 pieces is great because of his fat head and skinny body.

I have also been able to colour coordinate the top piece with the rest of my dog gear x

IMG_20200620_210350.jpg

7. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

I have a ruffwear (only one strap round the middle).
    I just preferred the look over perfect fit.
    IMG_9259.JPG

8. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

Get a Y front harness with a ring on the back and one on the front for lead fixings and use a double ended lead shes a puller, I don’t know why but when a lead is clipped on to the front they don’t like pulling lol. All the brands people have listed are good ones :)

puppymadness likes this.
  9. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

If he's wearing a Julius K9 and you like it then all you have to do is to buy the Y strip from Julius K9 and fit it onto the harness. The Y strip fits onto the chest strap, goes between the legs and fits onto the girth strap. Once it's fitted Jasper won't be able to back out of the harness. You can buy the Y strip either with or without a front ring.

My dogs have worn the Julius K9 harness with the Y strip fitted for years and I've never had a problem with them backing out of it.

https://shop.julius-k9.com/en/harness-accessories/harness-belts/idcr-front-control-y-belt.html

10. puppymadness

Who knew thank you :)

Magyarmum likes this.
  11. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

My girls both have Canada pooch ones with a ring on the front as well as the back. Pebbles' neck is the thickness of her head. Very difficult to tell where her head and neck meet (because of muscle not fat). So the collar slips too. I've found that the Canada pooch harness to work for her.
    IMG_20190522_144635489.jpg

puppymadness likes this.
  12. New2_4Paws

New2_4Paws PetForums Newbie

Maybe I'm being dim but I don't see anywhere what make of harness you are talking about.

13. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

New2_4Paws likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice