Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harness for running with my dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cedar, May 1, 2017.

1. Cedar

Cedar PetForums VIP

I have recently started the NHS couch to 5k running programme and have taken Rowan with me on the last two runs. I did some off lead and some on lead, when she either ran beside me, or ahead without pulling. I would like to get her a harness for running. I have seen the "Norwegian Hunter Harness Racing". Has anyone any experience of this one? I would like to get a running belt and lead too. Has anyone any recommendations for which ones would be good?
    Thanks.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Norway style harnesses are no good; you don't want anything going across the shoulders and restricting movement.
    Shoulder harnesses are much better, with a nice wide chest piece. Mine have zero dc harnesses that we use for walking too
    http://www.k9trailtime.com/shop/canicross/canicross-harnesses.html

Pets at Home do a no frills running belt/bungee line in the 3peaks range; might be worth a go. I use a Neewa one (leg loops stop it riding up).
    A bungee lead is a must though :)

Attached Files:

4. Cedar

Cedar PetForums VIP

Sorry got my late reply but thank you Sled dog hotel and Bluejay. I will have a look at your recommendations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice