Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Harley :D

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kaitlyn, May 11, 2010.

1. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Bought him home last thursday and he seems to have settled in fine so far.

Was told by the people who owned mum that he had been wormed but judging by the state of what i saw i very much doubted it.

Got him home and he'd got diarrhoea with blood in it :eek: Put it down to the stress of leaving mum so gave him friday to see if it would work itself out... the blood stopped but diarrhoea didn't so saturday he was up the vets. She weighed him and was happy with 1kg at 8 weeks. Took his temp which was normal and had a look at his one eye which was a bit red and gunky but just said to keep bathing it (its cleared up now :D)

I explained about the stools and blood and she thought it may have been the move aswell and gave me some pro-kolin for him, along with 4 months worth of worming tablets as she doubted he'd been properly worked either.

Been giving him IAMS kitten pouches and dry since i got him back as he wasn't having a decent diet before and just 'ate a bit of everything'.

His stools haven't improved until today after i got back from work... said i was going to take him back up today as the vet advised but as he's improved i'll see how he goes. Appears to have got better since i stopped giving him the dry aswell so im staying off it for now.

Also saturday after we got back from the vets he was having a nap and i noticed a little shiny black thing in his fur.. on closer inspection it was a flea!!! :eek: He hadn't scratched or done any of the usual signs of little lodgers being onboard so i'd assumed all was safe.. in hindsight i should have guessed. The rest of the animals have now been frontlined including him and Acclaim household is on its way.

All in all its been a bit of a busy start in his new home but hopefully its al good from now on :thumbup: He's happy and seemingly healthy and bloody barmy lol!! He loves jumping on the keyboard while were typing and watching the tv aswell. New trick is climbing up the door to the kitchen and dangling his tail at Cassie then running off when she jumps up to sniff him lol :D

Do all 8 week old kittens attack arms and legs when they are still? lol Been a awhile since i've had a little one around me.

Bit of an essay post so i'll stop yakking now and let you see him for yourselves :D

[​IMG]
    Mountaineering. (excuse the state of the door.. Cassie liked it a lot as a puppy im told!)

[​IMG]
    Sleeping on mummy.

[​IMG]
    Oh so comfortable after catching a mouse!

#1 Kaitlyn, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

He is absolutely gorgeous!! With regard to the health worries i would say that yes all kiittens are full of beans but agressivness may be a cause for concern. Take him too the vets anyway,,,let us know what happens.

3. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Thanks Holly :) Took him back to the vets and they've advised getting him off wet food for a bit and a course of antibiotics for 7 days. If theres no joy there they'll test him for parasites etc.

Read the other thread about the aggresive kitten so taking a couple tips from there with regards to that, seems to be working so far.

Cassie loves him although she terrifies him and Tiggr is still keeping her distance and warning him when he gets too close. Hes worth every second though :001_wub:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice