UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just broke up with my friend Ellie by text message. She has mainly been so horrid to me, buti always ended up forgiving her as soon as she did something nice. She keeps hitting me in the face and putting me down. Recently, since I started scondary school, she has been shoving me out the way every time I go near one of my friends and saying 'theyre my friends get your own!'. I decided id had enough, so I sent her a song called 'Mean' by taylor swift. Then I sent her a message somewhere along the lines of:

For five years, you've hit me, pushed me around, left me, yelled at me, insulted me, complained to me and boasted to me. Examples? You left me for issy, smack my nose when I said something you didn't like and recently shoved me away when I go near julia, esther or lizzie. There were good times, but I've had enough. So goodbye!

Then she replied saying, fine then. You've broken all my self esteem and I'm crying rightnow. Now I know all those fredship cards were fake. You really hurt me so get out of my life!,

So , there you are! I feel so guilty now. I am certain she is going to be telling EVERYONE, and then they'll all hate me! I am so regretting this! Help!

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I just broke up with my friend Ellie by text message. She has mainly been so horrid to me, buti always ended up forgiving her as soon as she did something nice. She keeps hitting me in the face and putting me down. Recently, since I started scondary school, she has been shoving me out the way every time I go near one of my friends and saying 'theyre my friends get your own!'. I decided id had enough, so I sent her a song called 'Mean' by taylor swift. Then I sent her a message somewhere along the lines of:

For five years, you've hit me, pushed me around, left me, yelled at me, insulted me, complained to me and boasted to me. Examples? You left me for issy, smack my nose when I said something you didn't like and recently shoved me away when I go near julia, esther or lizzie. There were good times, but I've had enough. So goodbye!

Then she replied saying, fine then. You've broken all my self esteem and I'm crying rightnow. Now I know all those fredship cards were fake. You really hurt me so get out of my life!,

So , there you are! I feel so guilty now. I am certain she is going to be telling EVERYONE, and then they'll all hate me! I am so regretting this! Help!
Why do you regret it? She sounds like a spoilt brat whos used to getting what she wants from her friends without any thought to their feelings. Stand by your principles, if your other friends are shallow enough to fall out with you for this then they werent worthy as your friends.

·
Amused
29,064 Posts
Dont you feel guilty... my god... this is not a friend, this is a leach, a user and an enemy... a friend will support, and defend you, care for your emotional needs, never would they harm you or shame you.. you are better off without her ilk in your life... And she may be even nastier because of this, but be strong and show her you do not need her nor will you put up with her bullsh1t.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
People like this drain you of energy and you are better off without them.

Don't feel guilty, and I agree, if friends leave your side over this, they weren't really friends in the first place!

Surround yourself with people who make you smile.... Life is to short :D

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Friends should make you feel good about yourself too, a two way thing . Sounds like you have done the right thing in finishing this friendship.

I for one will be sending cyber hugs for a good day on Monday..:)

·
Registered
519 Posts
You did the right thing, your 'friend' was just a mean bully and carried on because she knew she wouldn't be stopped....well done to you for putting a stop to it now though.

Her text back to you is typical of someone like that, she thinks you'll feel guilty and so you'll be friends again so she can carry on bullying you.
Never let her 'oh woe is me, poor me, look what you've done' type messages get to you.

I'm really glad you've stood up for yourself :)

G

·
She's a nasty piece of work. She knows she can treat you badly, then guilt you into forgiving her. As she gets older, she will be more manipulative, more able to destroy your happiness. She will destroy every friendship you make with others, so you only have her as a friend, and she can continue to play games with your self esteem.

Whatever happens, find a new set of friends, as well as the ones you liked with her. DON'T introduce her to the new friends, keep them seperate and you will always be sure of some friends she cannot manipulate.

DON'T ever confide anything in her. Sounds a bit of a sociopath.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Well done for standing up to her, a very hard but brave thing to do. Don't you dare feel guilty or regret what you've done, she is nothing more than a bully.
I hope the next few days go ok, it may get tough but don't give in, hold your head up and walk tall :)

·
We are all Ukraine
23,817 Posts
If you have such friends..who neeeds enemies?

you are lovely girl..(seen photo, and my girl has the same top :)) and very nice..the other might be jealous..but no reason to be friend...new school, new people...care about those who care about YOu!!!

be open why I do nort want tobe her friend..I am sure others suffer too..but like you are afraid of her...

my daughter had similar ptroblem in new school...now she found some new friends ..and stillhas someold ones...something goes..and opens the door for the new to come...
best wishes from cheeky and scrip

·
Registered
10,846 Posts

Don't back down, she is trying to manipulate you! She has pushed you round and now you are fighting back, she is used to allowing her to treat you badly.

You are stronger than that, and you will make friends, don't allow her to treat you like rubbish anymore. You are better than that and you know it!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Or, you might just find that they are all your new friends... because you just did what they want to do ...but daren't!
I would assume they are all being slapped and pushed around by this bully - you've probably done them all a favour.

Best of luck for Monday, hold your head high! xx

G

·
Firstly, well done for standing up for yourself.

Secondly, don't let this girl get to you. Block all contact with her and hold your head high. :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

To be quite honest, I don't think she was your friend in the first place. No friend should ever be abusive to the other. From what you've told us, she didn't value you as a friend, but someone she can be mean to to make herself feel more superior. Furthermore, it sounds like she was more of a bully, which means, what she is lacking in confidence or any security, she makes up for it by pushing others, especially you, around, topping it off with controlling others, especially you. In short, your friend, like any bully, covers their weaknesses by manipulating, exploiting, and controlling others by force.

I would suggest you to talk with your parents, couselors, and any other adult you trust. They will help you and support you when you need it. Be fully open and trust them, because this will help you emotionally. It sounds like you friend needs to talk to a couselor too.

In the meantime, find others who will be your friend. There are some out there who will be your friend in which you will find a couple of them will be true friends -that is, friends you can trust and they trust you and are dependable. What are your favorite activities? Any clubs you belong to? Sports? Whatever interests or hobbies you're involved in, those would be the best places to start.;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What a nasty moo she is! I'm glad you have found the confidence to ditch her 'friendship' and respect yourself and your feelings more. Friendship is a two way thing so, from what you have said about her, she could not have valued you as a friend, more of a play thing for her to bully around and have complete control over. Good for you for putting yourself first!

Please don't fret over Monday, you have made your feelings clear and anyone who thinks badly of you clearly aren't your friends either. A friend is someone you can confide in, someone you turn to when you feel sad, lonely or worried/anxious. Someone you feel happy, confident and comfortable around. You have now made way for someone like this in your life so try to look on this in a positive light :)

Big hugs! :D xx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.