Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Happy my little boy just passed away

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Funky, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I know it is about bunnies but my lovely canary bird just passed away!
    We don't know what's happened -about an hour ago I gave him apple and he was ok.
    They are moulting at that moment so they are more vulnerable but I kept them in massive cage (aviary type) and always check on them as they are both about 2 years and 2 months old!
    He was the best singer-always so happy so we called him Happy!
    Omg I have enough!
    He was just lying on the bottom of his cage! He looks peaceful but not sure whats happen to him! I have other canary in cage and i very worry now.
    RIP my little happy boy-I hope wherever you are you will be happy like you have been here!

2. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

Aww so sorry r.i.p little one :(

3. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I can't believe how much upset you are going through in such a short space of time.

I am really sorry to hear of your loss.

Fly free to Rainbow Bridge little one.

4. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Poor little thing - what a shock it must have been for you. If I were you, I would keep a good eye on your other bird, just in case your Happy boy had picked up an infection somehow.

My prayers are with you.

5. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

That is so sad.

We once had a canary that had been kept in a shed at an old people's home. It never sang. Then one day, it began singing - and the following day we found it dead. No idea why. They are quite fragile.

We also had a cockatiel. she was part of the family, and died unexpectedly just before her 21st birthday. There was no hint of her being ill, although I know she was old.

Just a thought -are the canaries kept in the room where you have been painting? (fumes?)

6. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

No - and that's has been last weekend. Yesterday I was painting porch but that's far from where they are and I have door closed!
    He didnt show any signs of being unwell-he was moulting so he didnt sing now as they need all energy to moult!
    I am so upset!!! He was best singer in the shop and he had so many songs and always sung so beautifully! First night at home he woke us up at 4am so from there we covered top of cages with blanket:)
    He was so great and now Sunny left on his own!
    I have had him for over two years:-( far too short!:mad2:

7. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

So sad to hear this x

8. georginaspets

georginaspets PetForums Junior

R.I.P Happy :( x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice