Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Happy indoor cat likes to help out....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sar4h1, Sep 2, 2016.

1. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Our 2 year old cat Leo is at his happiest when we are doing jobs or tasks in the house he loves to be there in the middle of what ever we are doing.... decorating seems to be his task to "help" with.

Any one else have a cat who loves a job?

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyCashCat

JohnnyCashCat PetForums Junior

lol i love the one with the lampshade! awesome cat :)

sar4h1 likes this.
  3. anachronism

anachronism PetForums VIP

What a good little helper you have there :D

sar4h1 likes this.
  4. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Thank you, he gets really excited and cheeky when we are doing jobs especially when we move furniture..... and i thought cats were timid and upset by change? not ours he loves to be in everything causing havok :Cat.

5. JohnnyCashCat

JohnnyCashCat PetForums Junior

do you mind if i save the photo? he is just adorable and so cute! i wish my kitten was like that, he doesnt do good with change!

sar4h1 likes this.
  6. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Gosh he's a stunner. :Cat
    Best keep that floofy tail away from the wet paint mind you.....

sar4h1 likes this.
  7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Mine love the general household chores - well apart from hoovering :Nailbiting - but they are kept firmly out of the way when decorating. My lot are just far too nosey and I would end up with paw prints of paint every where :eek: They have been known to assist the heating engineer who comes to service the boiler - his toolbox obviously needs inspecting :D

Gwen9244 and sar4h1 like this.
  8. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh yes, most of mine scarper at the first sight of any work men....apart from Miss Millie who is at their heels or elbow throughout the job.:rolleyes:

sar4h1 and lymorelynn like this.
  9. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

Ohh isn't he gorgeous!!! I love helper cats! Being Siamese and very nosey, Parsnip likes to help with everything apart from hoovering. Laundry is his particular favourite - he jumps on whatever I am folding up then waa-waas till I pick him up! He doesn't approve of workmen either.
    Flint on the other hand loves to help with the hoovering - he says if I just Hoover him it means the hair won't get on the sofa! He throws himself in front of me almost yelling 'do me do me!!' Also, he loves visitors. The BT man almost took him home as Flint has got in his toolbox and having fiddled with the tools had settled down to supervise! Visitors are now searched on leaving!

10. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

We love having a helper cat…. Not that we have a choice if you shut him out he cries at the door until you let him in lol.

Leo is the opposite he will do anything to try and get to a work man in the house it’s a full time job trying to supervise him and keep him out of the way whilst they work and then there is the Asda delivery man he likes to see him off once the shopping has been delivered.

Not too sure what breed his is he was advertised as a British longhair but I think he’s a mixture of a few breeds but obviously has nosy cat traits….

lymorelynn and Ringypie like this.
  11. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Not at all.... feel free to save it.

Have you tried a pet remedy plug in? we used one to help Leo get over some urinary problems and it really helped to relax him as soon as we plugged it in…. it does smell a bit at first though.

12. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Some how me manages to keep his tail paint free hes a very careful cat around things like that, although he has had to have his paws washed a couple of times as a precaution.

lymorelynn likes this.
  13. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

Brilliant photos! He looks like a real little character.

14. Cedar

Cedar PetForums VIP

Your Leo is gorgeous!
    Our Leo used to love helping with watering the outdoor plants as he loved playing with water. He was fascinated with washing up when he was a kitten!
    Our cat Rossi loved helping me change the beds and would leap out at me over the sheets! His sister Mimi just wanted to help with everything!

sar4h1 likes this.
  15. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Send him my way please, I need some decorating doing!

I have helper cats. They do love to help with any chores. They particularly like to help sort out the kitchen cupboards.

sar4h1 likes this.
  16. idris

idris absent without leave

He is gorgeous .what a stunning cat
    Mischief is nosey but hes the very opposite of a helper . Hubby was just trying to read his Haynes manual.
    IMG_20160906_195008_kindlephoto-32341787.jpg

#16 idris, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Jonescat, loroll1991, vivien and 3 others like this.
  17. immum

immum PetForums Member

I have a decorator too! Indie loves to help, has to be involved with everything. Milo can't be bothered, but will come and inspect everything thoroughly when it's done.
    indie paint.jpg

Jonescat, loroll1991, Ali71 and 5 others like this.
  18. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Helpful if you would like to stroke a cat rather than read a book :D

idris likes this.
  19. sar4h1

sar4h1 PetForums Junior

Very agile! Leo is not in any way agile nor is he a jumper or climber, for a cat i think hes rather clumsy... looks like Indie can do a better job of inspecting than my cat!

20. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

IMG_1752.JPG IMG_1887.JPG Welcome to the forum. :) My boys love to help too. They help hubby when he is building them a new climber. :) Helping to build the new planters. :). Helping to build the new indoor climber. :). And last but not least helping with the planting :). IMG_0915.JPG IMG_2167.JPG

Viv xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice