Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Happy Days

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MissShelley, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Well after an horrendous year things are finally starting to look up for us :)

The chavs who stole our cars and burgled our house are looking at prison, they caught both of them, one is already in prison, one is on bail and not allowed to come within 5 mile of us, which means he can't come and see his chav of a Girlfriend who lives in our village :D We are awaiting a court date. We were read a list of the charges, and it's huge.... Aggravated burglary, arson (and becuase the car was set fire too in a residential street, it's a more serious offence) taking without consent.. The list went on.

Michael has a job, he's just finished his A Levels and had been struggling to find a job when in college. He now is doing an apprenticeship in Hospitality Management and loves it! he likes his colleagues and enjoys talking to the customers, his bosses love him, and he's buzzing going off to work everyday. .... Apprentice wage is £110 a week and weekly tips on top which can be anything from £15-£20 a week. At the moment he's saving all his wages and keeping the tips so he can afford to insure the car we have bought him. It's a 52 reg Fiesta ( newer than mine! but I'm not bitter :D )

He passed his test last year but with no job couldn't afford the car, so hoping to have him on the road end of September....

He still wants to be a policeman, and is going to keep applying to the force, if he gets in great, if not he has this to fall back on :) He wants to go abroad eventually and run his own bar somewhere. or a B&B :)

And yesterday I got a phonecall from that silly girls insurance company (for those that remember she rear ended my car, reckoned she didn't see me as I was sat waiting to turn in, she was speeding because she was late for her job interview :rolleyes:)

She has been found to have been at fault for the accident. She carried on ignoring her insurance company, despite their letters and phonecalls. It ended up with the examiners going out anyway to inspect her car, she told them that she didn't contact them because she had hit a wall, she wasn't believed and when it was pointed out that the damage hadn't been done via a wall, she admitted what happened.

They have offered me a settlement which I accepted, I could go for more but I feel it's been dragging on for so long I need closure. I have to arrange to have my car picked up for inspection, and have a courtesy car, they said if they can't repair it I will be offered damages. And I have also been offered private healthcare for my back, including physio and something else. Which I think I will take.

People under estimate the damage whiplash can do, I am still in pain months later.... Suffered a bad back anyway, but it's been worse since the accident

Anyway, on the back of ignoring them and not disclosing an accident her insurance company have cancelled her policy, so she now has no insurance, and I know she will find it hard to get insurance in the future, if she does her premiums will be sky high. I should feel bad but really I don't, she should of looked where she was going, and told them as soon as she was able. It's a hard lesson to learn unfortunately.

So yeah, happy days :D

2. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Glad you got closure with the insurance. People are such wan......s with it, denying wha they've done or playing silly buggers for months.

Re your son, the police like a couple of years' experience, he'd be we'll off to work for them then apply rather than apply as an 18 year old, IMO. :)

3. MissShelley

He's 19, he'll be 20 this year, and yes, this is why he'll finish his apprenticeship first :)

And yes, people think if they ignore these things they will go away, well she has learned the hard way that life does not work like that.

4. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I guess you're due some good times now then Shelley :D

5. MissShelley

I hope so hon :) x

6. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

So glad that things are looking up for you :)

Definitely take advantage of all the medical help they are willing to give you with your accident. I had a nasty car accident around 20 years ago and as a result of a head injury suffered headaches, back problems and leg problems. I was told that everything would subside within a year but the back and head problems are still with me. Thankfully, they finally seem to be subsiding somewhat, or it could just be that I know how to control them better. I also have severe memory problems which I relate to the crash - this is getting worse as I get older. Its definitely not worth being a martyr when it comes to injuries :)

Good luck!

7. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you, long may it continue.

8. MissShelley

Well as long as things stay on an even keel I'll be happy :)

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Bout time then it seems xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice