Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Happy but sad news

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lilylass, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

So, as some of you know, I've had to make the heartbreaking decision to rehome Mia as her & Archie's fighting is just getting worse and worse and more and more stressful for everyone (http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/323188-big-fight.html)

Good (IYKWIM) news is that I've found a new home for Mia:)

Still devastated she's going (trying not to think about it too much just now) but really happy that I've found somewhere great for her

It's actually someone I went to Primary School with (a long time ago now!) so I've known her for ever practically and I know she'll be able to give Mia a great home - they've always had cats in the family so she knows what she's doing with them too

Best possible outcome I guess - she'll have her humans (Nix has son) all to herself ..... and I can hear how she's getting on and get to see her now & then (they don't live that close but we tend to meet up / stay with each other for a couple of days each year)

Can't believe she's not going to be here anymore:( .... it will be awful without her (love Archie to pieces as well but he's a bit of an anti-social sod as he goes out 1st thing and only comes in at bedtime!) as it's her who tends to be with me in the evenings / keeps me company most of the time

Maisie will miss her loads too as it's always the 2 of them in the house during the day when I'm out

Happy but sad IYKWIM

2. petergettins

petergettins PetForums Senior

Making the decision to let a pet go even when it's in their best interests will be heartbreaking, but you must do what's best for them. It sounds like she'll be happy in her new home and that's the best thing. I hope you feel better soon and I wish you & Mia all the best

3. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

It's bl**dy awful :(

I'm relieved one minute (as the fights have been horrific and all 3 - and me if I'm honest - are stressed to the limit) and really happy she's going to someone I know, where I know she'll be treated like the princess she is ;) AND I can find out how she's doing and visit occasionally

BUT ..... she's my baby girl :cryin: and I just can't imagine her not being here & how quiet it's going to be :(

Been sorting out some of her stuff - honestly she's got enough wet food for a good 2 months & dry for around 4 months :eek:

By the time I get everything in the car, it'll be full :eek:

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Such a difficult time for you even though you are doing the best for Mia :(
    Sending a hug ((())) and at least you know the home she is going to and will still hear how she is getting along.

5. sharon_gurney

sharon_gurney PetForums VIP

I know this must be a really difficult decision make but its done in best interest of Mia.

Im having to think about the same thing and its not easy. My ex breeding girl who has always been my lap cat and my shadow seems to be getting increasingly distressed with the other girls ( maybe due to her not having the same breeding status anymore)

They have all previously got on fantastically but recently this has started to change, we havn't had full on fights yet but lots of growling, hissing and posturing.

im still waiting it out to see if things settle again but it may be time to find her a very special home...which wont be easy!

6. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry to hear you and your family are having to make such a difficult decision. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Although a sad time, I am glad that you will still be able to visit and hear about what she has been up to, and that she is going to someone you actually know. So you will be sure she is going to a wonderful home.

I am sure you will miss her greatly, but in the long run it will all be better for all of you, no more fighting and both kitties will feel so much better, and I am sure you and your family will be a bit less stressed.

Lots of hugs, I wish you all the best :)

7. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I had to rehome one of my cats back in July, despite lots of effort and consulting a behaviourist. Now I know I did exactly the right thing. She has a fabulous home as an only cat, out in the wilds of Perthshire where she is busy dealing with the local rodent population. Her latest catch that I know about was a baby bunny, which she took to her new servant's bedroom to eat. :D

8. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Ohhhh OrientalSlave .... thank you for that post, it's given me so much hope and it's what I want for her so much.

She's off tomorrow :( I still can't believe it and can't believe that this time tomorrow my baby girl will be gone and I'll not have a cat to cuddle anymore :((Archie's never been one for cuddles even when he was little:rolleyes:).

I am still absolutely devastated that I'm having to let her go .,,,,,

Why could they just not put up with each other :cursing: ....... OMG this is honestly the hardest thing I've ever done and it's absolutely breaking my heart :cryin:

Poor mite, I'm trying not to get upset when I see her but I just keep thinking "this is the last time that ..... "

Sorry ..... really struggling to cope with it all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice