Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Happy Birthday Rupert

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

One of my best friends from my childhood is 100 years old today :D. I still have one of his Annuals.

RUPER BEAR 100.jpg

RUPERT BEAR ORIGINAL.jpg

Cully, Mrs Funkin, chillminx and 2 others like this.
  2. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Is it a little worn around the edges Charity or still intact?:)

Charity likes this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Oh yes I loved Rupert too.

Happy Birthday from another fan x

Charity likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

it's not one i've had since a child. When my OH and I went on holiday once, there was a Rupert exhibition where we were and I bought the Rupert Annual there. It's been kept in a cupboard for years so is in good condition.

Anyone remember some of his best friends?
    • Bill Badger – Rupert's best friend, who, unlike Rupert, often presents a lot of flaws, such as cowardice, impatience, clumsiness, and a horrible singing voice. He has a baby brother named Tobey, who appears to be fond of Bill's singing voice.
    • Podgy Pig – A jolly, yet greedy and not very bright pig with a large appetite. He is very friendly to others and appears not to see that his friends sometimes find him annoying. His appetite at times can lead him and his friends into trouble, but Rupert can look past this to go out of his way to help Podgy.
    • Professor – A very friendly and eccentric scientist who live in old castle tower in Nutwood, who invents many incredible devices during the series. Rupert often helps out with his experiments. Once the Professor starts an experiment, he never rests. He has the catchphrase, "Think of the possibilities, my boy(s)!" whenever he is explaining his experiments and all the benefits that can come from it to Rupert and his friends.
    • Tiger Lily – Rupert’s female Chinese friend. The only human student in school and the member of one of few human families in Nutwood. She and her family have a lot of knowledge on magic and mystic objects.
    • Algy Pug – Rupert's friend, a pug who often overestimates his abilities and takes a lot of pride in himself. Despite his flaws he is shown to be a good and helpful friend for Rupert and others.
    • Edward Trunk – Another friend of Rupert. An elephant, very kind and sensitive.
    • Gregory- A guinea pig who is very kind and friends with Rupert. Sometimes he can be nervous and scared, but he meets the challenges head on when his friends need help.
    • Constable Growler – A dog, local policeman, he rides a bicycle. He constantly says he needs to do "everything by the book, you know" and is always turned to by Rupert and his friends whenever they need help catching a criminal.

5. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Oh yes I do remember Bill Badger, but had forgotten many of Rupert’s other friends. Aren’t the names hilarious

6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Constable Growler is the one I remember, now that you mention him.

Charity likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice