Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hank keeps on getting poo stuck to his fur

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Elise.x, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Before i start sorry if its to much info :eek:

For the past 2 days there has been poo on the floor in the front room, which is not far from Hanks litter tray, i have checked his litter tray and there is poo in it so this is from him trailing poo that gets stuck to his fur, his poo isint runny and hes in good health, hes also on a diet of raw and dry, im having to clean his bum which he dosnt like, is there anyway to prevent this or will i have to start cutting the fur round his bum (which i dont think he will let me)?

Alos when i was cleaning the poo off the floor, he came along as was scratching the floor, like he was trying to bury it, so now im a little worried that he will start pooing in the spot were the poo was if he can smell it, so what should i be using to clean the floor with so he cant smell it? so far im using antibactiral spray and soapy water, hes always used the litter tray so i hope this dosnt start becoming a problem, has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

Elise.x

2. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

Hi, mine has the same prob at times, I have a little battery trimmer, just needs it doing every couple of weeks. I tend to check mine's toilet & bum (I know a bit extreme), but it saves him getting stressed. If it looks as if he has poo'd a little in his toilet check fur buddies bum, mine's on raw too, why the need for dry I would have thought feeding raw would be enough, seems a shame. If you have gone to all that bother to marr his diet with dry.

3. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

I also use grooming wipes on his fur if he has a little misshap, pop some music on that is slightly louder than the trimmer, have someone holding him,talking & making a fuss, you will get quicker with the trimmer in time. Have you smelled cat poo!!!!!! no wonder he want's to bury it ha!

4. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Hi BALOO, thanks for the replie, Hanks eating dry as well as raw at the moment because ive got lots left and i want to use it up lol :D

When all the dry has gone, he will just be on raw, just seems to be taking quite a while to use up all the dry lol I use it mainly to put down at night just incase hes hungry for him to nibble on.

5. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

Which raw recipe are you using? as they tend to give all the nutrition they need, I don't like dry (sorry to go on). Sometimes If I don't get to Baloo quick enough he tends to do a bum dance dragging his bum on the floor, it looks funny, but I know he get's stressed, cat's are so clean so you can understand them getting manic. how old is he?

6. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Hes not on a raw recipe at the moment, hes just eating raw from the shops, we should have enough money soon to buy another freezer (ours is very small) then we will be buying the raw from the food4cats website, i know its not ideal that hes eating raw from the shops, but he wont touch wet food and all he would eat before was dry so this is why we introduced raw, this is why we also havent taken the dry away yet because its a complete kitten food so we know hes getting the right nutrients even though hes eating raw from the shop. Hanks nearly 4 months old :D

7. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

:)Well your heart is in the right place sweetie, good luck to you both, your fur buddy look's a real cutie,;)

8. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

I have the EXACT same problem!!!
    My cat Bru is a long haired domestic and ALWAYS gets poo stuck in his fur on his paws. He gets it on the couch throwover and carpet. At this stage, after I come home from work I check his paws - if they're in a state i gently tease the poo out using a cotton wool pad or tissue.
    He's gotten a lot better recently but when he had diarrhea it was a nightmare!!!!!

Truly know how you feel, unfortunately there isn't a whole lot that can be done! If you find out something though - let me know!!!

9. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

omg bet your little one puts a smile on your face when you return home tee hee, but what would we do without them hey ho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice