Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hamster

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by lauraashley123, Aug 27, 2018.

1. lauraashley123

lauraashley123 PetForums Newbie

I was cleaning out the hamsters and happend to notice a scab on his belly just wounded if any one new why this was.he is it in any pain still happy

Attached Files:

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

That looks quite a big scab. I would definitely get it checked out by a vet.

3. Brad Maden

Brad Maden PetForums Junior

Im not sure what could have caused it, but could possibly rule something out at least, do you use saw dust? If so check for any splinters/sharp wood as i bought some from pets at home which was full of it, this probably isn't your issue but just a suggestion

4. morgancgowen

morgancgowen PetForums Newbie

my past hamster had what looks like a very simular thing apart from the scab was a lot bigger. i took him to the vet and it turned out it was an infected tumor. i would look around the scab and see if it is swollen underneth in any way or seemed to get any bigger. one thing i found was that it litrally showed up overnight. I would suggest taking him to the vet as it can be quite uncomfortable for them if that is the case. make sure to look everywere on its body for another as mine overtime spred (including in ears) and if you have ruff bedding swapping it out with paperbase. Hope this isnt the case and hope your hamster gets better soon :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice