Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hamster help

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by kiwi222, Sep 26, 2020.

1. kiwi222

kiwi222 PetForums Newbie

my syrian hamster keeps running up the sides of his big cage. to me it looks like he wants out so i occasionally put him on my lap while i sit in front of his cage. is this normal ? should i be worried ? his bin cage is 36in W, 16in D, and 14in H. would a bigger cage solve this. it’s been about a week of this behavior.

2. kiwi222

kiwi222 PetForums Newbie

lol sorry i meant bin** cage !!

3. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

It's a good size cage, though if you have the room you can certainly go bigger if you wish, however,first of all, what do you have in the cage by way of entertainment for your hamster?

kimthecat likes this.
  4. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

Hi. Can we see a pic of the setup. Paving can be a sign of boredom or stress
    Cage is a decent size but I will ask this as it's a bin cage, are the measurements taken from the top of the bin or the bottom? This does make a difference as most bins taper.

How long have you had him?
    How long is he allowed out the cage and how often?

kimthecat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice