Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hamster dumped near rubbish bins-'cant afford to care for it'!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noushka05, Feb 11, 2012.

1. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

wtf it costs nothing but a bit of what your eating to feed a lil rodent :rolleyes: why not leave it at a vet ffs instead of to die in the bloody cold :mad:

3. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

exactly WL, theres no excuse to be so cruel:mad:

4. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

That person should be ashamed of themselves.

When will people start to realise that whether its a dog, cat or hamster, when you take on an animal you are agreeing to care for it for the rest of its life. Not until you have a baby, until you have to move house, until it starts to have behavioural issues or until you'd rather buy a pack of fags than feed your pet that month.

:nonod:

5. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

That's actually made me wanna cry. I feel ashamed to be human when stuff like that is happening. It costs barely anything to look after a hamster :rolleyes:

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I'm betting this piece of **** left the note just to gain sympathy for when she/he/it gets done for animal neglect..smells like an ass cover up to me.

7. Nagini

Nagini Guest

awful , how could you just toss a poor little defenseless hamster out on the street ? haven`t kept one since my kids were little , they only cost a couple of pounds every couple of weeks so how can someone say they can`t afford one then just toss her aside:mad: poor little thing , hope she finds a home that deserves her:( i bet the poor little mite was utterly terrified:(

8. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I have 6 hamsters and I bet it costs less then £15 for the month (excluding any potential vet bills).

9. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

This is the pitts !!! I know there are horrid animal cruelty stories all the time but just in this last week its all i have read, heard and seen on the news.It needs to all stop. like gemma said im ashamed to be human at times like this x

10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Poor little mite, in this awful weather we're having too:(

11. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I bet they found out a hamster isn't as much fun as they thought and cleaning out a cage is a chore the kids 'forget' to do, and mummy is simply fed up......

Feeding a hamster costs less than one sandwich s day.

12. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i heard this on the news on my way to work and thought... 'what the ****?'

i wants her, shes pretty!

and ive just got myself a new room which is more expensive just so i can have mine back.

13. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

That's disgusting leaving it like that in this weather.:mad:

They don't cost that much and if you really wanted to find it a home leaving it by the bin is not the answer!!!

I suppose being by the bin sums it up really- animals to some are just a throw away commodity like anything else :(:mad:

14. Honey Bee

Honey Bee PetForums VIP

I just can't believe poor Snowball was abandoned like that. It would be bad enough in the summer but in the middle of winter its just disgraceful. As far as I'm concerned if the ex owner could be traced they should be prosecuted for cruelty. :mad:

She is a very lucky girl that someone cared enough to take her to the Blue Cross. I hope they find her a lovely new home.

15. Nancy23

Nancy23 PetForums Senior

Makes you sick!!!!:mad:

16. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

That's disgusting behaviour :mad: My daughter is still hankering after having a little Hammie but as a family we don't have the foggiest how to look after one (we are cat owners) so we have given her a time limit of April so that we can a) research all we can on how to look after the little one properly and b) get everything ready cage, food, bedding, toys, mineral stone and all the other paraphanalia that goes with being a responsible pet owner :). My 9 year old daughter bless her has been doing her own on-line research on youtube because she desperately wants to prove to us that she will properly care for Hammie.

Sheesh about that news article - some people are just cruel :(

17. fire-siamesekitty

fire-siamesekitty PetForums VIP

I had 4 hamsters once, surely they dont cost to the ends of the earth.What is the world coming too:mad:

18. AcornAntiques

AcornAntiques PetForums Member

A quick online search can return numerous animal rescues....would it have been too much to at least take the poor wee thing to somewhere like that? :mad:

Honestly I cannot understand people like that.

19. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I still can't get over this story. I would never ever even think about dumping any of my hammies. If I was ever so short on money I would go without myself or ask family/friends to give me money or buy supplies for them what I needed. Really wish I could adopt poor Snowball :(

20. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

I can't get over it either. I can't get over the fact that she was all alone and shivering in the freezing cold. Luckily she got found. Poor Snowball.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice