UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
the RSPCA recommend the minimum cage size for a syrian should be 75 x 40 x 40 cm but the larger the better. Breeders usually have their mothers and babies in tank type cages or bin cages.

did your friend get her hamster from a breeder?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
hiya

thanks for that,, yes she did, She got both hamsters from breeders but not related.
I think the girl is grey and white banded and boy is white. is this ok?
x
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but...
The white boy will carry the white gene and it is a possibility that the banded girl might carry this gene if she has a white belly, but not all do.

Unless you know that the girl does not carry the white gene, it is not ideal to breed these two together as you can produce hamsters known as 'Eyeless whites' They will either have poorly formed eyes or no eyes at all.

G

·
i agree with EmzieAngel, thats why you need to contact the breeder to ensure they dont carry the white bellied gene, im surprised your friend hasnt done this already:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.