UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been very lazy for too long and the Birmingham half marathon has crept up very quickly :rolleyes:

I think I will regret the occassional macDonalds and glass of cider on Sunday, when dressed as the Michellin woman I will be running through the streets of Birmingham :D

Nah seriously I have attempted training I just can't get motivated to stay out in the cold. After the London Marathon which I completed with a very poorly knee I have struggled to manage the injury. I plan to complete the half marathon in around 2 - 2.5 hours to beat my current time of 3 hours.

If anyone is in the area on Sunday it would be nice to say hello :)

If you would like to sponsor me I'd be so grateful. I have been rubbish with getting sponsorship for the 2013 London Marathon as I have been off work on long term sick and now that I am unemployed I am needing to concentrate more on job applications. If you can support in any way I'd be so grateful :eek:

Hopefully see some of you around on the day :)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I've been very lazy for too long and the Birmingham half marathon has crept up very quickly :rolleyes:

I think I will regret the occassional macDonalds and glass of cider on Sunday, when dressed as the Michellin woman I will be running through the streets of Birmingham :D

Nah seriously I have attempted training I just can't get motivated to stay out in the cold. After the London Marathon which I completed with a very poorly knee I have struggled to manage the injury. I plan to complete the half marathon in around 2 - 2.5 hours to beat my current time of 3 hours.

If anyone is in the area on Sunday it would be nice to say hello :)

If you would like to sponsor me I'd be so grateful. I have been rubbish with getting sponsorship for the 2013 London Marathon as I have been off work on long term sick and now that I am unemployed I am needing to concentrate more on job applications. If you can support in any way I'd be so grateful :eek:

Hopefully see some of you around on the day :)
One of these

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Hi, I'm doing it for first time.:eek:

I've done 6 great north runs so thought I'd do this one...god knows why. :nonod:

My great north runs have been between 2hrs30mins and 2hrs 3mins.
I've not done much training since my great north run in sept but looking forward to a big bag of chips and a pint of Guinness at the end.:D

I'm in the orange section.will have to say hello.
Have you done this one before?
I'm dreading the hill between 10 and 11.5 miles :eek:

Well done too for doing the marathon.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I'm doing it for first time.:eek:

I've done 6 great north runs so thought I'd do this one...god knows why. :nonod:

My great north runs have been between 2hrs30mins and 2hrs 3mins.
I've not done much training since my great north run in sept but looking forward to a big bag of chips and a pint of Guinness at the end.:D

I'm in the orange section.will have to say hello.
Have you done this one before?
I'm dreading the hill between 10 and 11.5 miles :eek:

Well done too for doing the marathon.
I'm holidaying up north at the moment so I haven't yet had my information and have no idea what my number or colour is. I have to pick my post up from the sorting office tomorrow so will let you know whereI will be. Isnt that spooky but exciting nonetheless :D

As all my running gear is in Cornwall I have had to buy more :eek: so I will be wearing a bright pink t-shirt with 'Gemma' on it and black lycra running leggings and pink trainers :D

I forgot my link... I am really on another planet these days :blush:

Gemma Adams is fundraising for The Blue Cross Animal Welfare Charity

:D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
p.s.

I have not done this one yet :eek: but have a feeling it will be more difficult than the marathon. A marathon is easy when you walk parts of it but I plan to run the whole half marathon in order to complete in a good time.

I really need to get back to the gym but I am a little nervous about going back after such a long break :blush:

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I'm holidaying up north at the moment so I haven't yet had my information and have no idea what my number or colour is. I have to pick my post up from the sorting office tomorrow so will let you know whereI will be. Isnt that spooky but exciting nonetheless :D

As all my running gear is in Cornwall I have had to buy more :eek: so I will be wearing a bright pink t-shirt with 'Gemma' on it and black lycra running leggings and pink trainers :D

I forgot my link... I am really on another planet these days :blush:

Gemma Adams is fundraising for The Blue Cross Animal Welfare Charity

:D
Yeah, spooky.
Well,you'll be able to spot me..:nonod: .I'm in a black top and black leggings with white and blue trainers.

My number is 4319 and I'm Nicki.(Nicola on my number)
I put down a time of 1hr 50 mins on the entry(I lied I know) so I'm up front in the first section.:eek: oh dear.
When I'm running at home, I do ten min miles and it's a good steady pace for me so going to try to keep it up on Sunday.

I'll just be glad to get round I think.
Will def have to say hello.let me know what colour you're in.

Ooh, will donate to your just giving page in morning.:D

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
p.s.

I have not done this one yet :eek: but have a feeling it will be more difficult than the marathon. A marathon is easy when you walk parts of it but I plan to run the whole half marathon in order to complete in a good time.

I really need to get back to the gym but I am a little nervous about going back after such a long break :blush:
You'll be fine.i imagine if you can do a marathon then you'll have no problem.
I don't have time to go to the gym but I walk a lot and jog three or four times a week.not a fitness freak just like my chocolate too much.:D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll be fine.i imagine if you can do a marathon then you'll have no problem.
I don't have time to go to the gym but I walk a lot and jog three or four times a week.not a fitness freak just like my chocolate too much.:D
The last time I jogged I was late for the bus... and I passed my driving test in July so I've not run for many busses recently :lol:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Good luck to you both :D

I admire you, I really do.... I can't run to save my life (I do cycle though ;) )

Last weekend was the Cardiff half and a few of my friends took part and all had a brilliant time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Thanks suzy, how are you??

I'm really happy as my lil man buster boo will be waiting at the finish!

F&f my runner number is 17249 and its the pink start :)
Ok.ill look out for you at the start or finish.

I'll be the nervous looking woman with two chocolate Labradors.....obviously being very well behaved:rolleyes: at the start.

At the finish, I'll be the nackered one looking like a drowned rat with a cold pint of Guinness.:thumbup:

Good luck for tomorrow. :thumbup:

Eta.....i'll be getting to the orange zone around 9.00 so come and say hello if you're about.and I always run on the right hand side of the dual carriageway. Sad I know but it's superstition. Lol.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok.ill look out for you at the start or finish.

I'll be the nervous looking woman with two chocolate Labradors.....obviously being very well behaved:rolleyes: at the start.

At the finish, I'll be the nackered one looking like a drowned rat with a cold pint of Guinness.:thumbup:

Good luck for tomorrow. :thumbup:

Eta.....i'll be getting to the orange zone around 9.00 so come and say hello if you're about.and I always run on the right hand side of the dual carriageway. Sad I know but it's superstition. Lol.
I will start around anhour after you but will look out for you. I run all over the road... I have no coordination :eek:

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Really struggled today but managed sub 3 so happy enough. Was lovely to meet you today. How was your run?
Hi.
Lovely to meet you too.
Got your safety pins for next time too.:thumbup:
Very well done on your time.congratulations.

I did 2hrs 1min 14secs.my best yet.Pleased about that.:thumbup:
My right hip seized up at around 9miles but I wouldn't stop cause I wouldn't have got going again.lol.
That Flippin hill was a nightmare, i was surrounded by skinny bald men in small shorts:laugh:
It was good though.glad its over.out for a steak tonight,and maybe a cheeky glass of red....protein is good for muscle repair.Singing:

We're your dogs pleased to see you?
The great north run is a great one to do.lots of support all around the course,fantastic atmosphere.the crowds carry you round and it's over before you realise.would recommend it.

:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.