Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hairless rat wanted scotland

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by boxer_mad, May 22, 2010.

1. boxer_mad

boxer_mad PetForums Newbie

looking for a hairless rat can collect , cash waiting , going to a good loving knowledgable home, can anyone help . i know its a long shot.. many thanks

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you any other rats to keep this one company? Rats are highly social & thrive best as part of a group:)

3. boxer_mad

yes i already own a hairless rat sadly his partner died this is why im on the look out for another little friend for him.

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

So sorry to hear that, have you tried any of the rescues or Find A Furry? There are sometimes hairless rats offered there:)

5. boxer_mad

can yopu suggest any rat rescue places in scotland and find a furry sorry i have never heard of it , be great if you had the web page..

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

These people may be able to help you, there aren't many breeders around who breed specifically for hairless I don't think
    Scottish Rat Club
    Tried to get you a link for Find A Furry but the site is down at present as they are moving to a different server but there is a URL addy for their Facebook page
    Hope this helps, you could also try Reptile Forums UK as they sometimes advertise hairless rats
    Findafurry - the website for finding or rehoming small pets

7. dawnie24

dawnie24 PetForums Junior

goodluck with finding a hairless ive now got 3 ,plus 3 hairy ones and out of all of them the naked ones are more clever etc.xx

8. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Dose your rats new friend have to be hairless?

Have you tried the rehoming section on Fancy Rats | Home ?

9. jasmine1993

jasmine1993 PetForums Newbie

There used to be a pet shop in scotland that sells hairless rats and yes you do get breeders that only breed HAIRLESS (naked) rats as I used to breed them a few years back and had 25 they are lovely animals and i was youngest breeder in scottland.but now there dosnt seem to be alot of places that breed hairless rats eny more the shop i got my first two from got them from england and i gave her a litter wen they was 5/6 weeks old.:smilewinkgrin: but there dosnt seem to be alot in scotland :crying:

10. jasmine1993

jasmine1993 PetForums Newbie

There used to be a pet shop in scotland that sells hairless rats and yes you do get breeders that only breed HAIRLESS (naked) rats as I used to breed them a few years back and had 25 they are lovely animals and i was youngest breeder in scottland.but now there dosnt seem to be alot of places that breed hairless rats eny more the shop i got my first two from got them from england and i gave her a litter wen they was 5/6 weeks old. but there dosnt seem to be alot in scotland

11. Petitepuppet

Eek you bred pet shop/hairless rats? :eek:

12. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself, personally I don't agree with breeding for hairless animals (it is actually a genetic defect :( ). But breeding hairless petshop animals is just asking for trouble :(

13. Petitepuppet

Sounds like a recipe for disaster doesn't it!?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice