Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Haircut ideas - your opinions :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AlexTurley, Oct 25, 2012.

1. AlexTurley

AlexTurley PetForums Senior

My hair now
    482931_3570974645302_816507102_n.jpg

the idea i found online

418103_3660283797975_1074881517_n.jpg

2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I honestly haven''t a clue in heaven dear. I'm not a hairdresser.

By the way, have your ears been bleeding?:confused:

3. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

To be honest there's not that much difference in the 'cut'

The parting will be slightly more to one side than you have it now and there is a half fringe - other than that its the colour and condition that make the dark one look different.

4. AlexTurley

yeah i reli dont want much changed - not much you can do with curly hair and i like it long/

dont av the red anymore my hair doesnt take dyes very well

but been lookin for a sige fringe for agesss

5. jon bda

jon bda Guest

[​IMG]

Trust me...its the next big thing!!!
    :D

6. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

if you get a long side fringe and decide you don't like it, at least it won't take long to grow out. if you go for a darker look, you'll be surprised how glossy your hair appears compared to when it's blonde :)

7. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Print the photo and take it with you... also ask your stylist to cut the fringe a little longer than you actually want it first, then take a little more off when you've decided on the length you like - nothing worse than a 'too short' fringe :eek:

8. AlexTurley

ahh true and my hair is curly so dont want it to short n looks silly :D
    haha

jon - not sure to be honest :p

id love to go like a chocolate brown but my hair doesnt take hair dye :( that red was permanent n lasted the weekend.
    iv had black before that turned it browner -it sucks reli x

9. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

I like your hair as it is, but then I've always prefered blonde to brown hair. And permanent dye that only lasts the weekend, you should get your money back. Permanent should last for up to 20 ish washes, even semi lasts 6-8 washes. If you really want it darker, I would get it low-lighted all over, much better than dying it, as it gives more tone, and doesn't wash out. My hair is colored completely blonde, using highlights,not dye, had it done 2 years ago, and apart from needing the roots re-doing, it's never faded. It's still the same blonde I had it done.

10. AlexTurley

its coz my hair is to pourous it cant hold dye in it. my mums hair is exaclty the same
    even wen workin at hairdressers they tried dying my hair but didnt work to :(

i do like my hair colour in the summer wen its a light blond but in the winter it goes dark n then i decide i dont like it haha.
    iv conisdered that for making it lighter but its the hassle n money keeping it died or you get the roots :) im reli lazy with my hair haha

11. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

shave most of it off like i did ;)

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

Yeah,, that's the only thing with going blonde, you have to keep up with the roots or it looks awful:(. And it isn't cheap to do, costs me between £50-65 every 8-10 weeks to redo it. It's the only way to keep it properly blonde though, and I love it like this, so I'll just keep shelling out!! Even when I lost my job last year, I still kept paying out cos I couldn't stand the thought of it not being blonde again!

13. AlexTurley

The only other way for me - move to a hot country then itll be the light colour all the time haha. atm its gone a dark blond rather than the light blonde from summer lol.
    shame not something u can have done like once with the highlights to see wot looks like coz otherwise itll look bit silly with the roots showing wouldnt it?

14. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

You need at least 3 different shades in your highlights, that way it doesnt show so much when growing out.

I can probably give more info when I get home and talk to Jake - he's a hairdresser, but I wont be home til next week :D

15. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I never know what to do with my hair... I used to have it down past my waist and it got on my nerves so had it chopped short.. now I dont like it LOL. I had a fringe cut in and it got in my way so growing it out. Wish I had never cut it tbh.. got christmas parties coming up and got stupid hair that I cant do anything with:(
    I think a sweeping side fringe would suit you, keep it really long so you can tuck it behind your ears to keep it out of the way.

16. Diesel the Crazy Dal

Diesel the Crazy Dal PetForums Senior

You can go darker, you just need to colour more often - my hair colour drops out so quickly because it has been punished over the years.

To combat the fact that i have to colour often i go semi -> permanent -> semi etc etc.

Red will drop out of hair no matter what colour you are so its not that your hair wont take it, thats just reds - nightmare. My daughter has auburn hair and i dye it bright red, it drops out in no time so if you want to go chocolate i dont see a problem.

Just perhaps find a make that you can get semis in aswell as perm so that top ups wont damage your hair.

17. AlexTurley

:) thanks
    iv been looking at colours today and now considering either the highlights or

honey blonde i do like the look of that
    :D
    i never no wot to do with it to be honest but i want a change and i dont want anymore tatts . or piercings so haha :d

oh i didnty realise that about red lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice