Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hairballs!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Paddypaws, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I know we are all holding our breath waiting for good news from Mika and @oliviarussian, and it almost feels rude to be posting lighthearted threads but then we do need to pass the time so......
    PP household is hairball city the last few weeks, I have never experienced anything like it as the cats have all taken turns in suffering and then producing specimens.
    This morning Wiggins (aka Piggins) has taken his turn at being off his food, while Millie gobbled all hers up only to re-enact Spew-mageddon in various locations round the house.
    Top of the league table though we have Monty, who is no fan of the grooming tool at all and has until recently proven pretty impossible to get a comb through.
    Ladies and gentlemen I present one of the biggest hairballs ever produced at PP mansions.......

Dally Banjo and huckybuck like this.
  2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

WOW that wins hands down!

Monty my love, you must have felt pretty grim! Maybe not as grim as your poor salves face when she found your furball but grim!

PetloverJo likes this.
  4. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

PetloverJo likes this.
  5. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

:eek::eek::eek::eek: That is a big one. :eek::eek::eek::eek: How is Millie now? I bet she feels much better.

Viv xx

PetloverJo likes this.
  6. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

OMG that's enormous! It's been spewville here this morning :Vomit but nothing on the scale!

7. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Wow, is there a Guinness Book of Records section for this?

8. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Iv had one about 3 weeks ago and has been giving it the hawking sound for about 3 days. He is still eating so it could be a little while.

Luckily I have no problems with his coat now so fingers crossed it's the last x

9. Forester

Forester trained by Dylan

Poor Monty, I bet that he feels better without that !:eek:

He hardly had any room left in his stomach for food. Here's hoping that his system is now totally clear of hair.

10. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Millie is fine.
    Millie is always fine
    Luckily most of her performance was enacted on the hard floor sections of the house. She had a try at a little 'under the bed' action but the tank was disappointingly empty by that stage so her plan was foiled.
    Monty wasn't off his food at all before production of that behemoth and he brought it up without any of the dramatics usually associated with hairballs.
    Wiggins is definitely nursing something impressive though and probably waiting till I have guests round to produce his 'piece de resistance' :rolleyes:

SbanR, ewelsh, Ali71 and 3 others like this.
  11. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Are they both in competition lol. Seriously though. It surprises me how they get so long and don't pass out the other end.

Viv xx

12. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Henry has had some whoppers. Working overtime this week so feeding schedule not the same. Yesterday Henry ate his food so fast he spewed it all over the kitchen, dining room and living room. :eek::eek:

Glad to hear yours are all ok.

Incidentally I've noticed they produce more hairballs after I've groomed them:rolleyes:

13. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

They definitely do which is kind of strange but I suppose the grooming loosens up dead hair and also encourages the cat to groom themselves.

PetloverJo likes this.
  14. KittenEevee

KittenEevee Crazy Cat Lady

My 12 month old kitten has just puked one up this morning, Really distressing to watch and the noise. She's never hacked up a hairball. She's just went to eat and drink and used the toliet and she is okay now hoping no more.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice