Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hair Extensions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ducky, May 7, 2010.

1. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

I have been thinking about maybe getting hair extensions as my hair is taking literally forever to grow out and i really hate it.
    But i cant decide if i should buy clip ons or get the real deal. I know clips ons are cheaper but then i have the hassle of putting them in everyday.
    Whereas with the proper ones, they are always in, but i know they can really damage your natural hair.

Does anyone here wear them? Or had them before? Any tips/suggestions?

I know there are a couple of hairdressers on here, so their advice would be appreciated too!

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

ive had both the clip in and real ones, as well as draw string ponytails :D

i would go for clip ins personally coz they are easy to put in and out, style and are cheap but still look real :)

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Go for the clip ons, coz you can change your look when ever you want and you dont have to go back and have them re done when they start to grow out and show.:thumbup: Get them in different colours so when you go out you can fancy your hair up:thumbup:

4. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

5. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

As a hairdresser who does hair extensions, I have to agree with the above.

Get clip in ones.

Sewn in, glued in, braided in...they're all much of a muchness and look crap if you don't take proper care of them. Clip in ones don't take long to put in and can be thrown away and replaced very easily when they begin looking tatty.

Personally though, I think if you got a good cut, colour and style to suit your hair's new length, you'd probably not bother with even clip in extensions. They are a bit old fashioned now. :(

ClaireLouise likes this.
  6. HelloKittys

HelloKittys PetForums Senior

ive had both,and i'd also say clip in's are better and alot cheaper.
    It took hours to have my real extensions put in,and you need to look after them really well. :)

7. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

I just got some clip-in's.. they are great and when you get used to it, take a few mins to put in :) plus when they gat annoying you can take them out again

8. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

completely off topic but i love the poster at the bottom of your page. i cant stand racism!!! where did you it from?

9. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

From a group on Facebook. I hate it too, it's so pointless!

10. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

its coz i really want to grow my hair out though, so i dont really want it cut. its at a really awkward length though and doesnt seem to be growing. i had it trrimmed yesterday. really im wanting to keep the back short but the front long, but only the back seems to be growing lol.

i might get clip in ones then. i dunno :s

11. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Get clip in, easy to look after, easy to put in for a night out and you dont HAVE to put them in everyday.

I leave mine for special occasions...its just finding the right ones to match your current hair colour.

My hair doesnt grow fast, so just regular trims and treating your hair well will help it along its way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice