Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hair :D

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I want my hair doing but im not sure whether to go with the style I want or not.... it's quite a daring style :eek:

at the moment it is just above my shoulders and it's an orangey red colour (meant to be red but my colour has only lasted a few weeks :() with black stripes in my fringe and going down the right side of my hair.... this is it:

[​IMG]

but i'm thinking of having my hair done something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So.... do you think I should go for it? I have done something similar before, but the 'long' side was much shorter than it would be this time... and if I did go for it, the 'short' side would be a bit longer, if that makes sense :eek:

and also..... do you think I should keep my stripes or do you think it would look too much with a crazy style with crazy colours? LOL I might just dye it all dark red or a red/brown.... not sure!

i'd be very greatful for any help cos i'm a bit stuck myself..... gonna see what the OH makes of it, he might hate it yet :p

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

I think you should go for it because I think that the shape of your face would go really well with that hairstyle, and I think having it all as one colour would look a little better unless you want a very abstract hairstyle :)
    Whatever you choose though, I'm sure it will look fantastic :D

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hmmm I really don't know which way to go with the stripes..... i'm always doing wacky things with my hair so it won't be a shock to anyone (except maybe my new manager LOL) but I don't know if the stripes will just be too much.... you know like when you see people who are trying too hard to be different, and it ends up looking tragic :laugh: I don't wanna look like that! but then again, the stripes are black so they might be difficult to dye over... but they aren't mega obvious, I think if my hair is dyed a dark colour, you'd hardly be able to see them anyway..... but I really love my stripes... i'm completely stuck LOL

4. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

If you have dark stripes, you can get your hair bleached to take out all the dark colours and it goes a ginger colour and then get your hairdresser to put in the main colour and you could always opt for lighter stripes so that they can stand out and be more visible?

5. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Go for it you do look similar to her as well so i could see you with that cut and that colour maybe a little darker, with darker low lights.;)

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

go for it. i think that looks good.

you could always keep your stripes to start off with and see what you think, then if u change your mind, dye it all one colour later!

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I could do, but my hairdresser made a bit of a hash of my stripes last time and they're not very visible so I think if I go a dark red/brown colour, they'll hardly be noticeable.... it might even look quite good if they're only just visible, much more subtle and it won't be like too much weirdness all in one hairstyle :)

haha I do look a bit like her don't I :laugh: never noticed that! I tried going blonde last time I did my hair like them pictures but i've got very dark natural hair so it's too much upkeep cos i'd need my roots doing every couple of weeks, so im gonna stick to reds cos I suit them best :)

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i love that style!! wish i had the guts to have mine short.
    think it would really suit you x

9. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ok, ye its a bit hard to keep blonde hair, so i would stick to the red and have the dark on all the tips. Go for that cut then and you are very much like her.

10. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

go for it :) ive had mine like that jst grown it al out , but want it cutting short again

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My old supervisor had it done but the long side was much longer than that. It looked great on her :)

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I'm gonna go for it :D

showed the second pic of the style to my OH and he likes it, I didn't think he would :D

argh, im so excited!! I want it blonde too, but my natural hair is so dark, it just doesn't work but red will do :D :D

13. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

i love it Portia! it'll really suit you!:)

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hehe I got done yesterday.... took pics of it this morning, what do you think? I love it :D :D

Attached Files:

15. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Wow it looks fantastic. It really suits you. :D

16. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

wow that really does look Brilliant Portia!:D

17. emmalouise1508

emmalouise1508 PetForums Member

I have short hair with one side longer, although not as long as that, and it's the best thing I've done!! It does take longer to do in the morning, it's a pain in the backside trying to straighten really short bits of hair.. but I think girls with short hair are a lot more uniquely beautiful ;)

18. MrsFeisty

MrsFeisty PetForums Junior

That looks ace!

19. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :)

i'm really happy with it, think i'll be keeping this style for a while yet! I cant wait for my OH to see it, really hope he likes it :D

20. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

oooo looks reallly good. quite jealous actually :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice