UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Last night Tipsy brought up clear bile twice..is this a sign of him trying to bring up a hair ball.

He is very much an outside cat but he didnt want to go out from 9 last night and he is still at home here now he hasnt even been out for a wee or anything, also he wasnt eating very well either and he loves his food.

He slept all night under my sons bed he never usually sleeps there.

Im a bit worried about him this morning. Can hairballs make them ill? He is now fast asleep on the back of the settee..

Thanks for any advice.

Kyria.

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
Any changes in normal behaviour are a sign they are telling us something is wrong..I've never seen Riley have a furball but I thought they coughed them up?

I would speak to the vet and ask whether you should monitor him or bring him in for check as he has not eaten etc. has he drunk anything? Problem with them going outside you don't know if they maybe have eaten or drunk something they should not have!

Let us know how you get on..

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Any changes in normal behaviour are a sign they are telling us something is wrong..I've never seen Riley have a furball but I thought they coughed them up?

I would speak to the vet and ask whether you should monitor him or bring him in for check as he has not eaten etc. has he drunk anything? Problem with them going outside you don't know if they maybe have eaten or drunk something they should not have!

Let us know how you get on..
Hi Nicolaa,

Tipsy did eat a tiny amount just a few mins ago he has now gone out for the first time. He has been sleeping all morning.
To be honest with you its a rare sight to see Tipsy drink although I have water everywhere in the house. I always add water to his wet food. Regarding hair balls, I have seen Tipsy throw up hairballs a couple of times and unfortunately both times they were in my bedroom. Just before he does it we have noticed that he doesnt seem to be quite himself, but not like how he was last night with the bile and this morning. So far there has been no sight of any hairball..yet.

Quite agree with the problem with him going out I dont know what may have happened if he has eaten something. Im going to ring the vet up now and see what they say..

Ill let you know what happens...

Thanks for your reply.

Kyria

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,

I ended up taking Tipsy to the vet tonight and thankgod the vet couldnt see anything wrong with him..even the bladder wasnt very full...he gave him an antibiotic injection and another injection for any pain he may have..he told me to just keep an eye on him over the next day or so and see if his appetite picks up...he also said he has seen a few cats with the same problem today..hope nothing is going around...anyway im pleased ive had him seen..

He told me Tipsy has lost a bit of weight since being weighed last November and said if he looses weight again over the next year they will have to investigate but otherwise not to worry...whats that all about..the next minute he held tipsy and told me he was a little chubby...totally contradicted himself..

Tipsy was not even one when he was first weighed last November so maybe it was baby weight also his ex owner was feeding him rubbish..im so not going to start worrying myself over this because im sure it isnt anything to worry about.
The main thing is that Tipsy is ok, no lumps or anything sinister..Vet said maybe he ate something..fingers xd he improves much more tomorrow and gets appetite back..Tipsy usually loves his food so much.

Thankyou for your concern about Tips..

Kyria x

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
Oh that's good all was ok. There maybe a bug going round think its that time of year.....I'm in herts too, think its all the wet weather we are having !!

Hope he feels better tomorrow and finds his appetite again!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Glad to hear he is ok. Geoffrey does signs like sitting hunched up & being off his food before a furball... Yucky!
If your cat is happy & healthy then ignore the vet on the weight thing... Total contradiction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.