Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had to seperate Sidney and Sullivan :(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by hazyreality, Aug 5, 2009.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

My two boys have got to the point where I have come to the conclusion that they need to live seperately. Sullivan is the one that starts it, but he is the one that gets hurt :( :eek:ut:

I watched them and its obviously Sullivan that has the problem, as soon as Sidney goes near him he does the "brrrrr" noise and puts his back up, he then will launch himself at Sidney and Sidney bites him!

I found a bite on his nose, a chunk out of his ear and 2 bites on his back - all since I had him out the night before! Sid doesnt have a scratch.

I have him in an indoor cage in the shed at the moment, but don't really have the room to have it there, so I dont know what to do with him! I have said to the breeder I got him from if someone offers him a really good home, let them know about him. I dont really want him to go, but I am at a loss of what I can do with him - I think he is going to have to live on his own now, or maybe with a female if he is neutered but again, I dont have the room for another!

If anyone on here is interested in him, it would be nice for him to be the centre of attention or with a female, let me know.
    He is a Alpaca x, white with black eyes, not red!

*Heidi*

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahh so sorry mate doesnt always work out with males they can be hostile to another . It sounds like you did the right thing separating them before to many injurys not fair on the g-pig thats being bullied also. you gave it a fare go . Hope you find one a loving home.

3. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I would have him but your too far away :rolleyes:

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I had two males together once and one of them (who incidentally is my oldest guinea pig who is nearly 6 now) kept bullying the other one. They were nearly the same age but from different mothers but the other one had a large bite mark on his back and was losing weight so I brought him in and had him as an inside piggy and he put his weight back on again. I've never kept two male piggys together since then and my two I have now live separately - one in the shed and one in the kitchen.

I hope he finds a lovely new home soon.:)

5. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I put them in their run together today, to see if they kicked off - i was keeping a keen eye on them, and they were ok, so i might keep them seperate overnight and if they play up but put them together in their run.
    I would love to keep Sullivan, I think I might try and make room :p because I feel bad about having to choose him to go to a new home, if a good one comes along I may well think about it, but I would like him to stay if I possibly can :p I dont want to give him up :)

*Heidi*

6. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Aw, that's too bad. I hope he heals fast.

7. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

i had to seprate my mice as the 2 males had a great fight right in front of me , so i know how you feel hope it gets better soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice