Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had to laugh when at the vets

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ducky, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

took skye for her first jag today, didnt bother her in the least either. though shes quite sleepy now, a welcome break from her usual manicness to be honest!

anyway, we weighed her to see how much she had put on. she was 2.4kgs at 6.5weeks and she now weighs 3.5kgs at 8 weeks. so over a kilo in a week. shes growing rapidly. but then the vet said, "id expect her to be around 15kgs when shes fully grown". i burst out laughing. i was like really? you never saw her parents, they were really big. well over 20kgs. but she said yeah she will probably be collie sized!
    no way is she going to be collie sized! the breed standards of a flat coat say a female should be between 25-32kgs. and her parents as i said were big dogs (not overweight, just big). i just couldn't help but laugh.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My badly bred SBT weights 20kg, no way would he be the same weight as a flat coat.

My vet was a total moron yesterday. Went to take a blood sample from my dog and was all "oh, he hasnt got a right leg, i normally take samples from the right".

3. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Sometimes I wonder if I should ask to see their certificates! When Otto had his microchip put in the needle only pushed it in halfway so the vet had to push it in the rest of the way with his thumb. His reaction, "well that's not supposed to happen".

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

hahahahaha has your dog lost something and you havent noticed?

5. davehyde

davehyde Banned

some people are very book clever but just plain gormless too lol.

dont seem to have any savvy or just plain old common.

6. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

I feel i must retaliate a little (sorry:eek: will await a little fallout:blushing:).
    Although their are some bad vets out there as well as many good ones their are also green ones. They graduate they have passed all the relevent exams etc etc but they still have lots to learn. Many of them are not familier with all the breed standards and cannot tell a yorkshire terrier from an australian one.
    I couldnt and i am a keen dog show/breed enthusiast.
    That kind of knowledge comes with experience and listening to the client, as for the blood taking well yea bit of a wet one their....their is alway one:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice