Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Had an ok day today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rupertsmum, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Rupertsmum

Rupertsmum PetForums Member

Ive been out of work since Friday 31st, not very long, it was due to my assignment ending, basically Ive been dong long term temp assignments for about 5 years, this specific one I had bee doing for the last 20 months, I went for an interview for the job permenantly and they told me I wasnt good enough (but I had been good enough for the last 20 months), I wasnt happy but there was nothing I could do, they gave me one weeks notice, Im now without a job.
    I didnt hang around, I went to my local job centre on the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday to "sign on" what a grand place that is, they have no regard for time and keep you waiting for hours.
    I eventually got to see a lady who organised for me to go a "workshop" regarding all things to do with Cvs and confidence with interviews etc, for me to attend the next day, which I really needed as my worst thing is interviews, anyway, this was all organised at an agency, and after a chance comment I made about my dream job involving admin an animals I was told she may just have a placement to suit me.
    This all happened on Wednesday last week, I found out on Friday that the gentleman had seen my CV and was interested in meeting me, so I went down to see him today for a meeting/interview, they are never as formal as in depth as interviews for permenant jobs, as this one would be for between one and four weeks depending if Im picked, with a possibilty of a permenant job at the end of it.
    Interview went ok, I didnt make any boo boos there wasnt anything negative said, I answered all his questions without blank moments but he seriously didnt give anything away, I find out tomorow afternoon once he has contacted the agency what his feedback is.
    After the interview he showed me around the practice, it is an Equestrian only vets and its huuge, firstly I was shown a horse having an operation on its leg under general anasetic(sp?) what a magnificent animal, all I could say was wow, it was only having a piece of bone removed and I was told it would be too sore as it was only a minor procedure, I saw a scanning room and a testing room too, massive rooms with crushes in the middle, we went outside to see the stables, they have over 40, we went in I saw some little shetlands, a huuge black stallion, a pony on a drip, a horse who had a hysterectomy strapped up like she was in a corset, and a rare breed foal and mare, the foal was sick so it looked like the mother was being medicated and the foal drunk the milk and got the medication that way, I also saw a horse having local surgery on its legs, at first I thought it was having its feet sorted, then I saw blood, and the vet asked what was being done and its was something like "cryo........", anyway it was having bits frozen off its leg.
    I was gobsmacked, I would love to work there but really cant afford to take a weeks work there, they decide they dont want me, Ive lost my JSA and then I have to start the process all over again - I really dont know if its worth it.
    I havent even got the job yet.

Oh but I came straight home and contacted a stable about riding lessons and Ive got one booked for Monday.

So all in all for someone not working I had an interesting day.

2. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

If the placement doesn't work out/they don't want you then you can do a rapid reclaim to get back onto JSA as your situation won't have changed from when you were last on it. Double check with the jobcentre about this though.

Laura :)

3. Rupertsmum

Rupertsmum PetForums Member

There are two ways around it other than coming off JSA, the first one would be to work under 16 hours a week on a trial with them, the second would be through the jobcentre, I could to a work trial for up to 6 weeks, I wouldnt get paid so I would still get my JSA, but rougly £220 a week versus what ever I would get JSA is a big diffrence.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice