Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

had a scare earlier this week

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by vet-2-b, Oct 22, 2012.

1. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

my little poppy wasnt very well this week and i had to take her to the vets as she had just stopped eating all together :( so the vet kept her in for a night and gave me some medication to give her i bought her home anyway shes lost quiet a bit of weight in the space of a few days so i had to bring her in (shes 5 years old and i didnt really want to risk it) any way after 4 days off having to syringe feed and only really nibbling on hay shes eaten half a bowl of her food and drank half a bottle of water :smilewinkgrin: thaank the lord i was really worried i was gonna loose her :crying: her poos are starting to look normal and shes hopping around her cage, ive had to cut her fur though as she had very loose poos and i had to bath her bum :( any way shes on the mend im soo glad :D not much point to this thread just wanted to share how happy i am as non rabbit friends dont seem to appreciate it lol

2. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

I'm so glad she's feeling better! It's always such a worry when they're not their normal selves :(

Keep improving, Poppy! :) xX

3. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

It's nice to hear news that has a good ending, so thank you for sharing!!

When she goes back outside, do snuggle up her up in lots of straw and hay. A fleecy balnket will help too - and a snugglesafe if you have one. Oh and keep her covered up, to keep the wind out.

According to the forecast, it is going to be very cold by the end of the week, and bunnies don't cope all that well with temperature changes.

Sometimes bunnies come in for a bit, and just end up becoming house buns!!

4. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

I'm really happy to read poppy is on the mend. :)

5. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

thank you :) i was really worried i practically cried at the vets as ive lost a few bunnies lately and i really couldnt face loosing poppy :crying:

thank you :) i think i will probably end up keeping her in until summer now lol shes just lost so much condition and weight :( we love her inside even if she is a bit smelly lol

thank you :) as am i :D

6. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Poor wee darlin'. Glad she's on the mend and doing better x

7. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

thank you me too :D shes currently nibbling on her breakfast :D

8. Hel_79

Hel_79 PetForums Senior

Poor Poopy & poor you! So pleased to read that things are improving. I can empathise with having to bring an outdoor bun inside to nurse and know what a huge relief it is when things start getting better!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice